Princess Upgrade Fairy?

rob083

We have been on two cruises, both princess. Booked mini-suite guarantees both times. The first time we went from AD to AC on the Golden, not a big deal. This time we went from an AC to AA and would up dead center on Dolphin deck - we loved it. The stories by the folks who ended up in the big suites are great - If we go again we'll always have hope :-)

In exchange for moving my cruise back 4 weeks I was upgraded from an inside stateroom to a balcony cabin and received a $500 onboard credit. I hate having to delay my cruise, but it was an offer I could not turn down.

We also book a mini-suite AE gty and have an assigned cabin AA. Thats great with me. icon_biggrin.gifHowever, I'm scared they might put us back in AE before cruise. Have they ever taken an upgrade back?????/ icon_confused.gif

RCL Radiance 5/05 Alaska

Coral Princess 5/05 2-day

RCL Mariner 11/04 Western

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Miracle 11/04 2-day

Costa Mediterranea 11/03 2-day

RCL AOS 10/03 Southern

Carnival Legend 2/03 Southern

RCL Navigator 12/02 2-day

Carnival Legend 11/02 2-day

Celebrity Summit 5/02 Alaska

Carnival Triumph 9/01 Western

beachbabe.gif

I have never heard of an upgrade being " taken back" , this would be almost impossible for them to do since when they upgrade( or move) you out of your cabin they move someone else in to your old cabin.

Mahogg, Wow that was worth changing dates for!!! Trouble is now you'll enjoy the balcony so much you'll never want to go back to an inside. On our first Princess cruise we had booked an inside guarantee and go a balcony, and that is exactly what happened to us!!

As for being upgraded from a BC on the Caribe deck to a BA on the Lido.Well we had a BA on the LIdo , 235, and quite frankly it rocked liked crazy on the two days we had rough seas( 15 ft waves) ( This was on the Golden , eastern caribbean, in April)

I wished we had stayed with our orginal cabin which was BC , the Caribe sundecks are bigger and you are a bit lower( which is better in rough seas).

Mind you the Lido deck is quiet, and it is nice to be close to food( buffet) and pools!

I see a lot of people booking balcony or mini-suite guarantees...how about us booking the insides?? icon_confused.gif

I'm taking my mom on her first cruise for her Mother's Day/birthday/Christmas present, and my husband would only let me book the cheapest I could get, so all I was allowed to book was an inside JJ guarantee. I *wanted* the balcony, but I'm already in enough trouble going without him! icon_wink.gif I shudder to what would happen if I went ahead and paid the extra $250/pp to get us the balcony.

Anyway, my question is, how long befoer the personalizer "puts" you in a room? I'm anxious to see if I'll get lucky (I know, I know, I still have 6 months!), and at least get something with some sunlight coming in.

'Till the Grand Princess 12/4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Holiday 12/00 - Baja

Elation 05/02 - Mexican Riviera

Elation 05/04 - W. Carribbean

Grand Princess 12/04 - W. Carribbean

See my pictures!

The Personalizer showed our upgraded cabin several weeks before the cruise - 2 months at least. Inside, or outside with a balcony, you're going to love it - having a balcony is great, but most people don't spend that much time in the rooms - and the extra money can be used to do things you enjoy - or eat ice cream :-)

My problem is that I've had the balcony, and I don't want to go back. icon_frown.gif Since paying for the room I want isn't an option, I'll be praying to the upgrade gods for the next 6 months!

'Till the Grand Princess 12/4/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;12;4;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Holiday 12/00 - Baja

Elation 05/02 - Mexican Riviera

Elation 05/04 - W. Carribbean

Grand Princess 12/04 - W. Carribbean

See my pictures!

Princess contacted us. But once they did we jumped on it immediatley. I know the balcony will spoil us. It's too bad our cruise has 5 ports. We aren't going to be able to spend much time on the balcony.

We are on the Aloha deck. Do the balconies have enough room to layout on? I'm hoping we can just hang out there instead of fighting for a chair up top.

I shouldn't read these posts about upgrades. I always get so jealous as the upgrade fairy hates me. I think the tooth fairy told her about the time I lost my tooth before I put it under my pillow.

Days until Sapphire Princess!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;2;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Book it and it will come (eventually!). This was our first upgrade and it was with our first Princess cruise. Have been with Carnival and RCL several cruises but never received an upgrade of any kind. Good luck icon_wink.gif

RCL Radiance 5/05 Alaska

Coral Princess 5/05 2-day

RCL Mariner 11/04 Western

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Miracle 11/04 2-day

Caribbean Princess 9/04 Eastern

Costa Mediterranea 11/03 2-day

RCL AOS 10/03 Southern

Carnival Legend 2/03 Southern

RCL Navigator 12/02 2-day

Carnival Legend 11/02 2-day

Celebrity Summit 5/02 Alaska

Carnival Triumph 9/01 Western

beachbabe.gif

I booked a BB for my trip on the Grand. This was the only category offered by my TA other than a BA. Since I have three people in my room, she said I was not eligible to book a guarentee. Any chance now of an upgrade? How are the Balcony rooms on the Aloha deck? I will be in room A419 midship unless the upgrade fairy sees fit. Will this room be covered? Will you be able to see the balcony from the Lido deck? I kind of want my privacy. A mini suite or a suite would really be nice since I have to share with two others. Are the chances likely? We are all new cruisers with Princess.

Spongerob: Could you send me the photo? castror@huttoncom.com

Rhonda

"One time, when I was drunk"

Grand Princess 12/4/04

Elation 5/2/04

Celebration 12/06/03

Rhapsody of the seas 5/4/03

If I get the suite upgrade we can throw a bigger party! I'd even have a couch for you to pass out on.

You know you are welcome anytime....

Rhonda

"One time, when I was drunk"

Grand Princess 12/4/04

Elation 5/2/04

Celebration 12/06/03

Rhapsody of the seas 5/4/03

icon_cool.gifThe Upgrade Fairy works in mysterious ways. Never fool with her! T icon_biggrin.gifake what she gives you with a smile!

Mellenium 11/2001

IMAGINATION 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;10;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

GOLDEN PRINCESS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;17;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

When we booked our first cruise in 2001 we opted for one of the most inexpensive inside cabins on the lowest deck possible-just to get on the ship.(Our neighbors treated us to our initial cruise in 1998 which was outside D deck with picture window-they had Aloha with balcony).We were never assigned a cabin number on the 2001 until we got to the Terminal.The baggage handler had to look at the typed list. We'd been upgraded to A-303 with a balcony.BINGO!

That was on the Golden-so I can say that most of the cabins up there are pretty big.My husband thought it was enormous.On the Grand in 2002, we booked an inside and got an inside.The balcony cabin was across the hall.We will be aboard the Caribbean Princess in Sept, and are in the JJ category-inside-408.We booked through Travelocity-so are not counting on an upgrade although this is the 4th cruise with Princess.We'll be happily surprised if we are touched by the upgrade fairy, but, again, just want to be on the ship. Lynne

icon_cool.gif I always book with travelocity! Received an upgrade to suite on Carnival, and have already received a 3 catagory upgrade on Princess. The cruise personalizer and my travelocity ( my stuff) also say the same upgrade. You don't have to book with Princess to get an upgrade. That upgrade fairy works in mysterious ways.! Leave her alone!

Mellenium 11/2001

IMAGINATION 10/18/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2003;10;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

GOLDEN PRINCESS

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;17;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

• 1 month later...

So, let me see if I am understanding this....we booked an inside gty..gonna go all out 10 weeks later on our group cruise so we figured we would go with an inside on this one. Anyway, when I paid my final payment, they had assigned us a room, instead of leaving it as gty. Is it now locked in, or is there a chance of them upgrading us to a better room/floor in the same category? Thanks for the input.

Cre8tive1....have you seen the posts about the DFW M&M on August 8th? Would LOVE to meet you and your group ahead of time, it will be at Rawlings cafe at the Ballpark in Arlington. Hope you can make it!

Judy

So, let me see if I am understanding this....we booked an inside gty..gonna go all out 10 weeks later on our group cruise so we figured we would go with an inside on this one. Anyway, when I paid my final payment, they had assigned us a room, instead of leaving it as gty. Is it now locked in, or is there a chance of them upgrading us to a better room/floor in the same category? Thanks for the input.

Judy

You aren't "locked" but it does get less likely once a number is assigned, I know of some people seeing a total of 3 or more cabins by the time it is all done. However I don't see much movement after the 7 day prior mark, the cruise finalizer has done the job and not much movement comes after that.

www. *********** . net

RULE #1: Never cruise without GREAT Digital Camera Software.

Soon to be available on all Princess Line Cruise Ships

(See the Onboard Photo Store)

GotaCruise,

I'm with you. I use an on-line TA that give me great rates. They are much lower than booking directly so the rate for Gty is no different than for a specific stateroom.

Your upcoming cruise to the Pacific Theater is making me drool. Have a great time.

Archived