Cruising Australia

kalyn

I am looking at booking a cruise in Australia but I want some advice on which cruise I should choose. I am considering Australia and New Zealand or one that leaves Australia and goes to New Caledonia and Vanuatu. Thanks for any opinions.

We're booked on the 13 day Australia/New Zealand cruise next year. I've been to both several times, but my partner hasn't visited NZ. The crossing is only 2 days each way and there are 5 ports in NZ, both North and South islands. If you haven't been in the region before, I'd really recommended doing both countries. Great people, sight seeing, and shore excursions. We prefer cruises with a few sea days, so this cruise will also fulfill our need to do nothing for a portion of our vacation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Kalyn,

As previously mentioned each of your areas are great to visit. New Caledonia/Vanuatu is lovely, usually hot and well suited to snorkeling/swimming just be careful of the slippery rocks at the beaches! The area is beautiful, lush (mostly) and tropical and the people are lovely. Around Australia is a great cruise, particularly if the weather is friendly. It is hot in the north in Summer and relentless in the "build up" around November. I found it very relaxing with sea days between most ports. New Zealand is also beautiful and a great place to visit, when it is not shaking (like last night!). Very busy with a port each day, once you arrive and each port is very different with lots to see and do. The people are lovely, especially if the All Blacks are winning!

I think a combined Australia/New Zealand cruise would work very well for you, coming from overseas. Doing a back to back including the South Pacific Islands would be pretty much perfect, if you can fit it in. Happy planning.

Steve.