whats with the new assigned check in times

morganboys

I am Platinum but my friend, in another cabin, is not. I would like to board early but her paperwork says 12:30. I thought in the past that bookings that were linked to a Platinum passenger booking could board with the Platinum passenger. Does it still work that way?

September 25th on the Breeze out of Galveston was our first experience with staggered check in and we absolutely LOVED it! The longest wait we had was for our friend to return from parking after dropping the rest of us and our luggage off at the terminal. From there on, there were NO LINES anywhere! We did have to wait for a bit in the terminal before boarding but that was fine, too. We were inside the terminal where it was cool and we were on vacation!!

I can't speak for how it was for those who had check in times later than us (we had 10:30 a.m.) but for us, this was the absolute best boarding experience ever! So far, we are a fan of staggered check-in.

I am Platinum but my friend, in another cabin, is not. I would like to board early but her paperwork says 12:30. I thought in the past that bookings that were linked to a Platinum passenger booking could board with the Platinum passenger. Does it still work that way?

I believe they stopped this. Because how many would link their cruises then...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe they stopped this. Because how many would link their cruises then.

This is correct information. The only exception would be children of a diamond or platinum cruiser. All of their documents will be together. The boarding passes will all say priority.

Edited by BallFour4

When I was going through the online check in, it asks for a specific check in time. What is the deal with that? Is carnival really assigning check in times? Are they turning people away if you show up prior to your time? Also how does this work if you have faster to the fun? We like to show up and board early. Not sure I would like it if we end up with a afternoon time to board the ship.

It does not affect you with the overpriced FTTF.

Jax doesn't have Staggered Check-in yet.

Well that's good. I have FTTF so I can get there when I want. I was just curious seeing the 12:30 checking assigment on my tickets. Now that makes me nosier, if they don't have it, why put the time on, lol?

Looks like it matches carnival page for the time. Never noticed that before.

Edited by sammee