Tracy Arm Inlet

buelah111

So, the excursion passenger takes the passport out of the safe, and places it in the zippered jacket pocket. Then, the passenger boards the excursion boat, takes the tour, returns to the ship, and heads for the cabin. Next the passenger takes the passport out of the zippered jacket pocket and returns it to the safe.

And somehow that is the reason for the requirement that the passport go on the excursion. Because somehow that connects to collecting the head tax?

Ah, no. :rolleyes:

Have a good evening, Ruth.

OK. When I booked the excursion I didn't really look closely at the description as I knew this excursion was the one I wanted. When I mentioned I didn't see anything about the passports it was because nothing was mentioned in my confirmation from HAL. I had a lot of other "important" info from HAL but that pertained to cancellation. You would think that if passports are mandatory they would include it on the confirmation page --- after all, that seems pretty important to me.

Still not understanding the purpose of the passports. I took Adventure Bound's Tracy Arm tour (we left from Juneau) and I never needed a passport. Oh well, if HAL says we need passports then I guess I will take it.