how is obc applied?

feedmytummy

i plan to purchase obc for myself before my upcoming cruise. i noticed for some things you buy (like drink package), they have you specify which guest it's for. for obc, it just says it'll be applied to the stateroom. how does this work? does that mean obc might be credited to my traveling companion? thanks in advance for any insight.

i plan to purchase obc for myself before my upcoming cruise. i noticed for some things you buy (like drink package), they have you specify which guest it's for. for obc, it just says it'll be applied to the stateroom. how does this work? does that mean obc might be credited to my traveling companion? thanks in advance for any insight.

If you have seperate accounts (with seperate cards for each account) it goes on your account. If you are like Mrs Gut and I then it all goes on one card at the end of the cruise so does the OBC, next cruise we've got about $400 ea OBC, if we used seperate credit cards, or a card and cash, whatever we'd get the $400 each, but as we just put down the one card all $800 get credited to that folio.

If you have seperate accounts (with seperate cards for each account) it goes on your account. If you are like Mrs Gut and I then it all goes on one card at the end of the cruise so does the OBC, next cruise we've got about $400 ea OBC, if we used seperate credit cards, or a card and cash, whatever we'd get the $400 each, but as we just put down the one card all $800 get credited to that folio.

thanks! that's what i thought but it doesn't give me a chance to choose whose account to apply it to. i guess because i'm logged in to my own cruise personalizer, it'll automatically go toward mine? my traveling companion hasn't entered her credit card info yet. wasn't sure if that made a difference or not either. anyway, i guess we can just do some minor accounting if it went on hers by mistake but wanted to avoid that if possible.

thanks! that's what i thought but it doesn't give me a chance to choose whose account to apply it to. i guess because i'm logged in to my own cruise personalizer, it'll automatically go toward mine? my traveling companion hasn't entered her credit card info yet. wasn't sure if that made a difference or not either. anyway, i guess we can just do some minor accounting if it went on hers by mistake but wanted to avoid that if possible.

If it goes to the wrong one, trot down to the pursers desk, take your receipt for buying it, they'll fix it in no time at all.

If it goes to the wrong one, trot down to the pursers desk, take your receipt for buying it, they'll fix it in no time at all.

oh, yeah... i forgot i can always talk to them. haha! i'm just too excited thinking about what i'm gonna be spending it on :D

Can I ask what the benefit of doing OBC is?

Two that spring to mind

1. to avoid "bill shock"

2. sometimes they offer great exchange rate, eg at one stage they were offering us Aussies something like 90c when exchange rate from bank was around 75c (probably been even better deals that I missed).

Two that spring to mind

1. to avoid "bill shock"

2. sometimes they offer great exchange rate, eg at one stage they were offering us Aussies something like 90c when exchange rate from bank was around 75c (probably been even better deals that I missed).

Thank you for explaining this. We are doing our first cruise in Dec so are still learning a number of this.

Who offers the exchange rate? Princess? How do you find out what they offering?

We are in Australia too so its good to know about the deals with it.

Thank you for explaining this. We are doing our first cruise in Dec so are still learning a number of this.

Who offers the exchange rate? Princess? How do you find out what they offering?

We are in Australia too so its good to know about the deals with it.

If your going on an Australian based cruise there is no benefit, it's only when you are buying in different currencies, so if you were on a cruise where the charges are in US$ you may be able to benefit.

If your going on an Australian based cruise there is no benefit, it's only when you are buying in different currencies, so if you were on a cruise where the charges are in US$ you may be able to benefit.

Yes, the one we are going on is un US$.

How do you find out the exchange?

this is actually the first time i'm pre-purchasing obc. it's mostly because i wanna put as much of my expenses as possible on a particular card (to take advantage of a rebate) but don't have enough of a credit limit for everything to charge at once after the cruise. and also what the other poster said :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums