Cheap flights

buggins0402

I noticed the threads mentioning cheap flights being found on DL to Spain for next year. So for a lark, I just started trying other cities from DTW. In just a few minutes I found cheap flights to BCN, MAD, Bilbao, Athens, and Warsaw.

We're now taking an unscheduled quick trip to Warsaw next September...$440 pp RT!!!

I don't know if DTW is the common link to the fares, most of the posts mention it.

Two big factors on these "deals".

1) They are often in down periods for travel, so you aren't going to be finding them on cruise days into Venice, for example. Anyone remember the old days of "off season"?

2) They are often in response to low-cost carriers coming into the TATL market. WOW and Norwegian are two that are coming to mind right now.

So, while there have been some exceptional bargains for both TATL and TPAC flights, do not expect them for all (or most) markets or for travel times of high demand.

Here's a board to follow on FT if interested. (Don't overlook the "premium fare deals" sub-forum.) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/

Thanks for the link...actually changed my reservation to a bit better. We no longer have to run through CDG at a dead run on the way there and was able to book a nice multi city coming out of KRK, with an upgrade to Premium economy on the long flight WAW (well DL premium economy, not much, but will help a bit getting there.) Changed dates a bit to include our 40th anniversary. I'm doing the happy dance like I did back in the days of NWA flights for $200 to Europe (in the dead of winter).

I was so excited to find WAW for the price I found, I never even took the time to explore better option, when I first booked. I even found some Venice flights just playing on a lark for really good prices. From DTW I did not find deals to FCO or CDG..but, who knows what is out there.

Two big factors on these "deals".

1) They are often in down periods for travel, so you aren't going to be finding them on cruise days into Venice, for example. Anyone remember the old days of "off season"?

2) They are often in response to low-cost carriers coming into the TATL market. WOW and Norwegian are two that are coming to mind right now.

So, while there have been some exceptional bargains for both TATL and TPAC flights, do not expect them for all (or most) markets or for travel times of high demand.

These are DL..and now mine are in August! Chck Gardyloo's link..it's insane for SkyTeam at prime time Europe.

Edited by buggins0402

Flash DL sale seems to be over this afternoon. Checked a number of flights and most are back over $1K pp and nothing to Europe at under $500. Flights I booked yesterday for $440 are now over $1.3K. This morning, I had found all of May wide open DTW to NIce for $450 pp, when I was scouting vacation possibilities for my boss and his wife. It was fun while it lasted.