Mexican cuisine and tasting

toothy26

I cannot say enough about this excellent excursion that we took. My husband and I made three delicious dishes with instruction by the very entertaining and wonderful chef, Luis (and his staff). Actually, this was the best meal we had all week. We also had unlimited open bar. We were served our lunch in a very nice dining room that overlooked the beach. We then were able to spend a couple of hours on the beach before our return to the port. This trip was well worth it and one that I would highly recommend!

Edited by toothy26

It was called Mexican cuisine workshop and tasting. It was a Royal Caribbean excursion. I do not know if you can book it independently. It was held at Playa Mia beach. I believe the cost was about $68 pp and it was a 5 hour trip.

Not bad being excursion with meal included. Thanks.

My family of 4 also did this excursion this past Saturday and we had a wonderful time with Chef Luis and his two assistants. Great food, drinks and a few hours to enjoy the beach activities on Playa Mia. We booked with Royal Caribbean after we boarded our ship and paid I think $84 per person.

• 2 months later...

This turned out to be a lot of fun. There were only about 4 couples on our day. Luis was an excellent host and we had a blast. We cooked 3 courses and then ate them. Food prep and consumption was coupled with appropriate high-quality libations. After the dinner, we had plenty of time to head out to the beach, people watch, and continue with free liquids (albeit, not quite as high-quality drinks). Transporation was provided both ways with our R. C. Cruise. Glad that we caught a sale, but it was worthwhile at full-price. Cost wasn't much more than an al-inclusive day at the resort, that would only get you the buffet.

Very good solution for those who don't want to walk miles or aren't bikini-ready, but not just for "old farts." Had families and young couples lovin' the cooking. If you have other beach breaks schduled in other ports, this is a nice break to do something different.

Highly recommended!

Thanks for the recommendations! My husband has no interest in the cooking class, so he is doing the beach break and lunch buffet at the same resort while I do the cooking class, and then we can enjoy the beach together after our respective lunches - a win-win for all.