Port of Miami Car Rental

hbor

Does anyone know what car rental agencys are avalible at the port of Miami. Do they have shuttles to and from the port. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with any of the companies.

Thanks

Hertz has a "neighborhood" location about five minutes from the port. On days when ships are in port, they will run a shuttle to/from the pier. Just go to their website and search for the "neighborhood locations" in Miami. This one's referred to as the Hertz HLE location. If you book with them, take the local number along with you and call them once you're off of the ship and they'll send a shuttle right over if one isn't already in route.

Be sure to check with the car rental co. We were on a crusie in late August (Katrina time) and we returned our car to MIa and had to take a cab to the port. The rental co said that they no longer ran a shuttle. I can't remember which company, maybe it was thrifty.

Be sure to check with the car rental co. We were on a crusie in late August (Katrina time) and we returned our car to MIa and had to take a cab to the port. The rental co said that they no longer ran a shuttle. I can't remember which company, maybe it was thrifty.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it WAS Thrifty. I reserved a car with them a long time ago and they left me stranded during a sold-out weekend. Their absolute "We couldn't care less" attitude was amazing. If you've ever seen the Hertz commercial where the girl at the counter is totally rude and dismissive, I think that's a parody of Thrifty. Enterprise found me a car and drove 20 miles to pick me up. I swore that day I'd never rent from Thrifty again and I haven't. And probably never will.

Archived