Terrible Customer Service!

300dtc

"Made final payment 12 days ago and was offered to change the internet pkg to pre paid service charges. I didn't have the time to think about it then and was told that's ok just call back and we can do it then. "

She said she was offered the two promos when she booked and after final payment was told she could call back and change. Customer is not in the wrong here.

how so, the promo ran out, she did not check to see when the promo ran out, the agents dont know when the promo runs out. How long does it take to think about if you want to change - 2 days, really - hey honey want to switch perks? sure sounds good, call back and get them. This is not a discussion about peace in the middle east, should not have taken days

how so, the promo ran out, she did not check to see when the promo ran out, the agents dont know when the promo runs out. How long does it take to think about if you want to change - 2 days, really - hey honey want to switch perks? sure sounds good, call back and get them. This is not a discussion about peace in the middle east, should not have taken days

Why should she check if the agent told her she could call back? I wouldn't have checked either. Meanwhile I am glad I got my switch in on time because I would have not thought it was a big deal since I booked the promos already, it costs them nothing to switch.

everyone know promos end at a certain time, I certainly would have checked to see when the promo ran out especially being a few days before the end of the month and i would venture to guess 99 percent of those on this board would do the same - again how long does it take to decide to switch?

everyone know promos end at a certain time, I certainly would have checked to see when the promo ran out especially being a few days before the end of the month and i would venture to guess 99 percent of those on this board would do the same - again how long does it take to decide to switch?

Sometimes life gets in the way. But again, they had the promo when she booked the cruise, so in essence she "paid" for the promo. From a customer service standpoint, it shouldn't be a big deal to switch it. Good customer service would switch it, no problem. The customer service agent said she could call back, the customer assumed she could call back anytime. For me, as a customer, the promo ending would mean for me to book the cruise initially, not that I couldn't switch the options anymore because I had already paid for the perks. I don't know why this concept is so hard for you to understand.

Edited by LoraJ

You weren't the only one confused by the spelling of that word and the context it was was used in. When I saw "ownness", I thought to myself, wow, Have I been pronouncing that word wrong all this time, or did she just spell it wrong?

Nope, you were correct and I was saying it correctly as "onus". Two totally different words, with different meanings. Good thing you came along first and got into trouble instead of me! Although no offense meant to NLH. You learn the darnedest things on Cruise Critic!

YEAH - Mister Rodgers would be happy for all of us! I guess I just took one for the team. :)

I was really never going to be this person, but this just absolutely fried me!

Booked a long time ago for February on the Dawn out of New Orleans and was given 2 promos at the time. Made final payment 12 days ago and was offered to change the internet pkg to pre paid service charges. I didn't have the time to think about it then and was told that's ok just call back and we can do it then.

So I called today, and was told that the service promo ended 2 days ago and is no longer available...and even if it was available I would have to cancel and rebook and there would be a fee since I paid in full...

Ok, I get all this, BUT, at no time in my call on November 20 was this ever pointed out or discussed...if I had been informed, I would have changed it then...so I guess you really can't trust some of the statements or non statements from customer service at NCL!

I even spoke with a supervisor who just reiterated the information...

I have never had a problem with NCL before today and was always skeptical about the posts that I see...but I guess I see it now...I'm sure they don't care about just one cruiser, but they should care about all of us!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You were just late to the party.

Sometimes life gets in the way. But again, they had the promo when she booked the cruise, so in essence she "paid" for the promo. From a customer service standpoint, it shouldn't be a big deal to switch it. Good customer service would switch it, no problem. The customer service agent said she could call back, the customer assumed she could call back anytime. For me, as a customer, the promo ending would mean for me to book the cruise initially, not that I couldn't switch the options anymore because I had already paid for the perks. I don't know why this concept is so hard for you to understand.

I missed where it was said that the DSC promo was in effect when she booked. If it was, then yes, she can switch to it up to 48 hours before sailing. I believe the issue here is that it wasn't. It was offered for a limited amount of time after she booked and the agent offered to switch her to it while it was effect and she missed the window. That being said, I don't believe she could have switched to it any way past final payment date. I suspect that the conversation was that she was making final payment, and in an effort to provide excellent customer service, the agent suggested that she might want to switch promos (since it was the last chance for her to do it). She then said that she would think about it and call back, which her in her mind didn't have a time limit, while the agent thought she understood that it had to be that day.

She can still switch to any promo choice that was in effect when she booked. What she wants to do is switch to a promo that wasn't offered when she booked. I would have liked to switch to DSC too, however, the prices were much higher for my sailing when DSC was offered. So, I would have had to reprice which I wasn't willing to do. It was awfully nice for the agent to have suggested it in the first place; I don't think the OP realized just how nice when it was offered or she would have jumped on it.

Edited by sanger727