Wi-Fi hotspots in Grand Turk/Amber Cove DR

orderfire

Are there any tried and true Wi-Fi hotspots in Grand Turk and Amber Cove? Before you shred me for being an internet addict, it's because my dad is failing and I'd like to be able to check in with him if possible during our upcoming HAL Eurodam cruise. We may wind up shelling out for the smallest block of minutes available onboard but would like to avoid that if possible.

Any tips appreciated.

At Grand,tURK when you , walk throughthe central VISITOr arrival aREA BY mARGArittAville, there are benches and shops where We ALWAYs see crew with their devices, presumably connecting forfree or ex tremely low cost.

Edited by sail7seas

Froots at Grand Turk has free Wifi as well. But if several ships are in, it gets really crowded and the speed can fall dramatically.

As for Amber Cove, since this is a private port owned by Carnival, I wouldn't count on any free internet near the port itself. And doing anything on your own is not very easy as the port is fairly remote. Last time we were there (only 2nd or 3rd ship to dock there, so it was brand new) there weren't even any taxi's available.