Princess Vacation Protection

kbset

A few years ago I tied to find this out for myself. I phoned and asked someone at Princess and they gave me a non-answer. They said something about it would be determined at the time of a claim. I have never used Princess Insurance, including Platinum protection, because of this. I have used other insurance such as Travel Guard.

From The Princess FAQ

Q: If I have a heart condition and am on continuing medication, am I protected if my heart condition flares up during my vacation?

A: Yes! Princess Vacation Protection provides reimbursement for conditions that are stable during the 60-days prior to purchase, so if you have had no changes in your health (even if you are continuous unchanged medication), you would be protected.

From The Princess FAQ

Q: If I have a heart condition and am on continuing medication, am I protected if my heart condition flares up during my vacation?

A: Yes! Princess Vacation Protection provides reimbursement for conditions that are stable during the 60-days prior to purchase, so if you have had no changes in your health (even if you are continuous unchanged medication), you would be protected.

I'm talking more about a disability as a pre-existing condition. My husband talked to someone on the phone (with Princess) and they said yes. They sent us the Platinum protection plan and when my husband read it he said yes it would cover Elizabeth's (our daughter), pre-existing condition. However, when I went over the plan today, it doesn't seem to clearly state that it covers pre-existing conditions. This is the paragraph that confused me:

The benefits provided in this program are subject to certain restrictions and exclusions, including the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion as defined below:

Pre-Existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60-day period immediately prior to your effective date for which you:

1. received or received a recommendation for a diagnostic test, examination, or medical treatment; or

2. took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.

Item 2 of this definition does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60-day period before coverage is effective under this Policy.

General Plan Exclusions

In Part B:

We will not pay for any loss or expense caused by or incurred resulting from: a Pre-Existing Condition, as defined in the plan. This Exclusion does not apply to benefits under covered expenses emergency medical evacuation or repatriation of remains of the Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance Benefits coverage.

In Parts A & B:

We will not pay for any loss under the plan caused by or incurred resulting from:

1) mental, nervous, or psychological disorders, except if hospitalized

2) being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician

3) normal pregnancy, except if hospitalized; or elective abortion

4) declared or undeclared war, or any act of war

5) service in the armed forces of any country

6) operating or learning to operate any aircraft, as pilot or crew

7) any unlawful acts, committed by you or a Traveling Companion (whether Plan Participant or not)

8) any amount paid or payable under any Worker’s Compensation, Disability Benefit or similar law

9) Elective Treatment and Procedures

10) medical treatment during or arising from a Covered Cruise Vacation undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment

11) business, contractual or educational obligations of you or an Immediate Family Member

12) failure of any tour operator, Common Carrier, or other travel supplier, person or agency to provide the bargained-for travel arrangements

13) a loss that results from an illness, disease,

I'm talking more about a disability as a pre-existing condition. My husband talked to someone on the phone (with Princess) and they said yes. They sent us the Platinum protection plan and when my husband read it he said yes it would cover Elizabeth's (our daughter), pre-existing condition. However, when I went over the plan today, it doesn't seem to clearly state that it covers pre-existing conditions. This is the paragraph that confused me:

The benefits provided in this program are subject to certain restrictions and exclusions, including the Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion as defined below:

Pre-Existing Condition means an illness, disease, or other condition during the 60-day period immediately prior to your effective date for which you:

1. received or received a recommendation for a diagnostic test, examination, or medical treatment; or

2. took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine.

Item 2 of this definition does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine and remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60-day period before coverage is effective under this Policy.

General Plan Exclusions

In Part B:

We will not pay for any loss or expense caused by or incurred resulting from: a Pre-Existing Condition, as defined in the plan. This Exclusion does not apply to benefits under covered expenses emergency medical evacuation or repatriation of remains of the Medical Expense/Emergency Assistance Benefits coverage.

In Parts A & B:

We will not pay for any loss under the plan caused by or incurred resulting from:

1) mental, nervous, or psychological disorders, except if hospitalized

2) being under the influence of drugs or intoxicants, unless prescribed by a Physician

3) normal pregnancy, except if hospitalized; or elective abortion

4) declared or undeclared war, or any act of war

5) service in the armed forces of any country

6) operating or learning to operate any aircraft, as pilot or crew

7) any unlawful acts, committed by you or a Traveling Companion (whether Plan Participant or not)

8) any amount paid or payable under any Worker’s Compensation, Disability Benefit or similar law

9) Elective Treatment and Procedures

10) medical treatment during or arising from a Covered Cruise Vacation undertaken for the purpose or intent of securing medical treatment

11) business, contractual or educational obligations of you or an Immediate Family Member

12) failure of any tour operator, Common Carrier, or other travel supplier, person or agency to provide the bargained-for travel arrangements

13) a loss that results from an illness, disease,

Why not call the insurance co and ask them directly?

Why not call the insurance co and ask them directly?

We did and they said our daughters pre-existing condition is covered, but when reading the form things don't seem very clear to me :/

I know that their phone calls are recorded so we did write down the day, time and the name of the person we talked to who said she would be covered. So I'm hoping we should be okay. I'm just one stressed out Mama here at the moment because last time we went on vacation with her she broke her femur less than 24 hours into our vacation.

We did and they said our daughters pre-existing condition is covered, but when reading the form things don't seem very clear to me

I suggest calling them back and ask specifically about what you see in print as far as it applies to your daughter's situation.