yay or nay Westerdam 4174

chloes nana

I have read old reviews but nothing current. I am booked on the Westerdam for a Panama Canal cruise in aft cabin 4174. The reviews are mixed and I drove my TA crazy trying to get booked into this cabin. Soot is no issue I am sure it is minimal through the canal. But the azipod vibrations??? How bad is it really????

I would love feedback from anyone who has had this or similar cabins on the Westerdam.

And if not which deck is better?

Thanks!!

Hi, we have been in 5190 aft wrap on the Oosterdam this summer. We are booked for a Westerdam Panama Canal too and went away from the aft cabins for that cruise. The azipod vibration was not bad but recognizable. It was not the reason why we didn't book a similar stateroom for the canal.

We found it too loud on the verandah on sea days and in the evenings. We loved the view of the location but thought that the panama canal tour has too much sea days and that we prefer a "regular" position for our stateroom to be able to sit on our verandah in the evening and are able to talk to each other without the noise from the azipods.

• 1 month later...
I sail after you so let me know how the noise and vibration was. Thanks so much!!

We really didn't have all that much noise or bad vibration at all..it doesn't even make the glasses rattle..unless your really sensitive the vibration can be soothing. We only had bad vibration three nights ago getting to Ensenada....we got in 8 hours early because of a patient on board needing medical attention...we were hauling butt! And we still slept sound...happy cruising!

Sent from my SM-G925P using Forums mobile app

I have made 4 trips in Aft cabins on the Westerdam on deck 4 an loved it. I did not notice any vibration while underway only during the docking process. I have also been in aft cabin on a trip to the P. Cannel on the Westerdam an loved it.

• 1 month later...

We will always try to book an aft cabin on any of the Vista class ships. We were in 4174 on the Oosterdam and it was perfect. Great views, very quiet, no noise from above, you are at the absolute back of the ship, so when you look over your balcony railing you aren't looking down on other balconies or passengers, you only see water and prop-wash. The only time we felt any vibration was during docking and un-docking, where the azipods were being turned to maneuver near the dock.

We have a 25 day Med/TA on the Westerdam and we will be in 5188. We have never seen any soot from the stacks, but we have had some cigarette butts land on our balcony from inconsiderate passengers on decks above us. They seem to forget that you're not supposed to throw your butts overboard. Hopefully that has stopped since the balcony smoking ban kicked in.

You will definitely love the views of the canal lock operations from your aft balcony.