"Discover Scuba Diving" on Grand Cayman - which shop does Celebrity use?

OrcaGirl

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of booking the "Discover Scuba Diving" excursion while in Grand Cayman. We're sailing on the Celebrity Reflection -- does anyone know which local dive shop Celebrity contracts through?

Any first-hand reviews on the excursion would be greatly appreciated too!

Cheers,

Erin

I am pretty sure that Celebrity uses Red Sail. We were in Grand Cayman in November and used Divers Down. I was happy with Divers Down, but we are a advanced open water certified with various specialties so I am not sure how their discover scuba program is. If you can, I would recommend that you get certified for open water with a local dive shop because it is generally less expensive than doing a discover scuba and then getting certified.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

dunno what the cruise line charges

but it is pretty easy to book a Discovery at Eden Rock or Sunset House yourself for around $110 (US) per person. Eden Rock is a short walk from the cruise terminals ... Sunset House a little farther ... about 1/2 mile.

I booked Discovery Dives for DD and DIL with Sunset House and went along with them .... absolutely no complaints. If they were full I'd have no issues with Eden, I just prefer Sunset House

http://www.edenrockdive.com/instruction.html

http://www.sunsethouse.com/

Sunset does not list discovery in their shopping list but they do it ... just contact the hotel and ask them to have the drive shop contact you (e-mail) ... this is what I did and everything was quickly arranged. It ended up a private class btw ... my 2 girls and me with an instructor. (I'm certified but went as chaperone and used it as a 'refresher')

Edited by Capt_BJ