Select 2017 Europe sailings 50% of 2nd passenger

sjmoss

I saw on NCL they are running a promotion of 50% off 2nd passengers for select 2017 European sailings if booked by December 17th. I see these do not include the Free at Sea promotions, but it seems to me this is a great deal if someone is looking at a higher end category such as the Haven. Am I missing something? This seems like a very good deal and I am tempted to book this.

Here are the Terms and Conditions...not applicable in the USA :(

Applicable Sailings: 2017 Europe Product Sailings

Booking Window: September 19, 2016 - November 30, 2016

Promo Code B1G1HO

Offer is not applicable to categories T1, IX, OX, BX, MX.

Offer is not combinable with Free at Sea offers.

Effective 10/24/16: Norwegian Epic 6/7/17 sailing is not applicable to this offer.

3 or more day Europe 2017 Select Sailings

Offer is for new individual FIT reservations only.

Discount is taken off voyage fare and NCF.

Offer is for new individual FIT reservations.

Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing speculative group and count towards tour conductor credits.

Offer is not valid for affinity groups or tour operators and cannot be held as group block. Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Government taxes, port expenses & fees, discretionary on board service charges and are additional.

Singles paying 200% of voyage fare qualify.

Cancellation fees also apply based on the booking/sailing date; therefore, Norwegian Cruise Line strongly recommends the purchase of travel protection on all bookings.

Not applicable to chartered dates and group types: CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE

This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of cruise tours or bundles.

Offer is capacity controlled and can be withdrawn at anytime.

Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line's discretion. Other restrictions may apply. Applicable to NCL INTL, AUSTRALIA, NCL BRAZIL, & NCL ASIA only.

I was able to put a hold on a Haven stateroom using this promo. I will contact my Pcc tomorrow to verify but it sure looks like its available to book for suites and Haven. When I login to my ncl the only extras showing is $100 latitude obc so I think it's a no perks deal but with that kind of savings I could care less about the perks. Ncl sent me a confirmation. Cancelation terms are same as in the US. The only difference I noticed when shopping the deal was that final pmt on non haven suites were 2 mos later than normally due. Same final pmt for haven. Fingers crossed its legit. I'm hoping it can be transferred to a TA for extra obc or some other goodies. Thanks so much for the heads up and the link! FYI: the confirmation email lists booking source as NCLWEBC

Edited by littlelulu01

Here are the Terms and Conditions...not applicable in the USA :(

apply. Applicable to NCL INTL, AUSTRALIA, NCL BRAZIL, & NCL ASIA only.

I guess that explains why it shows up for me as I am in Asia now. I did put in my state to price it out and it gave me the option to book it. I wonder what happens if I go through the booking process while I am here, I might just have to do it to find out.

I was able to put a hold on a Haven stateroom using this promo. I will contact my Pcc tomorrow to verify but it sure looks like its available to book for suites and Haven. When I login to my ncl the only extras showing is $100 latitude obc so I think it's a no perks deal but with that kind of savings I could care less about the perks. Ncl sent me a confirmation. Cancelation terms are same as in the US. The only difference I noticed when shopping the deal was that final pmt on non haven suites were 2 mos later than normally due. Same final pmt for haven. Fingers crossed its legit. I'm hoping it can be transferred to a TA for extra obc or some other goodies. Thanks so much for the heads up and the link! FYI: the confirmation email lists booking source as NCLWEBC

Where did you put the booking code? I'm on the payment page and other don't see it

Well it's legit. Just got off phone with pcc. The booking I had couldn't be transferred to new booking. Something about NCL Asia vs Miami. PCC canceled original booking and took new deposit.

It's a heck of a deal- saved us about 4K. No perks except the $100 lattitudes obc and extra lattitudes point for Europe booking. For us, the perks were not that valuable. We don't drink alcohol, are planning on unlimited internet pkg- (perk Internet pkg isn't transferable to unlimited pkg.) Lose the DSC perk And dining perk. I wasn't all that impressed with the speciality dining on recent cruise anyways. Venue atmosphere a nice change but I felt they really cut back on food quality and offerings compared to last time we had speciality dinners.

I wonder if this type of booking can transfer to a US ta for some extra goodies.

Wow, that's an intriguing promo, especially for Haven suites. I still don't see how you were able to get this deal since you are in the USA and it says it is for the international markets only (?). I pulled up the OP's link and it is an international NCL website (can tell by the phone number and how it says "holiday" instead of vacation). Of course it says that the Baltic cruise I have already booked (July 18-27) doesn't apply anyway, or I would be tempted to pursue this. But did you really have a USA NCL rep tell you today that you could book with this promo even though you live in the USA? Wondering how they would be able to book that for you.

Wow, that's an intriguing promo, especially for Haven suites. I still don't see how you were able to get this deal since you are in the USA and it says it is for the international markets only (?). I pulled up the OP's link and it is an international NCL website (can tell by the phone number and how it says "holiday" instead of vacation). Of course it says that the Baltic cruise I have already booked (July 18-27) doesn't apply anyway, or I would be tempted to pursue this. But did you really have a USA NCL rep tell you today that you could book with this promo even though you live in the USA? Wondering how they would be able to book that for you.

Actually- I just checked using the link above and your sailing is included. You go through the booking process and when it gets to the point in the reservation where you pick perks you just pick the 50% off 2nd guest as your perk. For example your sailing two people in a haven spa suite is $6374 all in with taxes and port fees. First person is $3999, second person is $1999. The higher priced suites savings are more.

You can get to the point of payment and put a courtesy hold on the room and then call your pcc.

Yes, my NCL pcc told me i could do the change and it took him all of a couple minutes to cancel the my old reservation and book the new one for me. Because it's a Haven suite I had to put a $1500 deposit down. the deposit on the previous cruise will go back to my cc in a few days. My pcc was happy to make the switch. I think it was easier for him in that I had a hold confirmation number to give him and he just took the payment on the hold reservation. I asked him if he was still the pcc for my cruise and he said yes and the I would not notice any difference in any manner with regards to booking, making changes etc.

It's now in my NCL just like the previous one was. I think the charge on my cc said NCL India vs NCL Miami

I think that other markets being offered no perks but drastically reduced prices has increased suite bookings. My Europe cruise September, 2016 had lots of open suites. In fact they were given as bingo prizes each week we were onboard. My European September, 2017 sailing and most of the suites are sold out. Just one GV left for Haven. Granted suite prices are less for 2017 Europe but out of curiosity I asked my pcc. He said he can only see what's been booked in the us but he said he saw that two of the Haven suites were booked in the us. Since he can't see how the others were booked yet they're all sold, he said it's probably because they're booked with NCL eu or Asia and they get different promos and prices .. he did pull up my hold reservation and said how on earth did you find this deal? Again, an excellent deal if the perks don't have much value to you.

Looks like this sale has been going since September. I know that the suite I booked has increased in price considerably according to the fish site but with the 50%off it's still a bargain for me. Was a much better bargain for those who booked this a couple mos ago when prices were lower.

thank you for posting the link.

I priced out my Oct 2017 Epic cruise. But the price has increased so much since I originally booked that even with this promo it costs more than what I already have. And I keep the free at sea perks.

Thank you for the info - might have to book another one :-)

Actually- I just checked using the link above and your sailing is included. You go through the booking process and when it gets to the point in the reservation where you pick perks you just pick the 50% off 2nd guest as your perk. For example your sailing two people in a haven spa suite is $6374 all in with taxes and port fees. First person is $3999, second person is $1999. The higher priced suites savings are more.

You can get to the point of payment and put a courtesy hold on the room and then call your pcc.

Yes, my NCL pcc told me i could do the change and it took him all of a couple minutes to cancel the my old reservation and book the new one for me. Because it's a Haven suite I had to put a $1500 deposit down. the deposit on the previous cruise will go back to my cc in a few days. My pcc was happy to make the switch. I think it was easier for him in that I had a hold confirmation number to give him and he just took the payment on the hold reservation. I asked him if he was still the pcc for my cruise and he said yes and the I would not notice any difference in any manner with regards to booking, making changes etc.

It's now in my NCL just like the previous one was. I think the charge on my cc said NCL India vs NCL Miami

Glad to hear it worked for you! I have an email to my TA to check into this too. You are my "living proof" that it CAN be booked in the USA! :D

Edited by jvsnana

Glad to hear it worked for you! I have an email to my TA to check into this too. You are my "living proof" that it CAN be booked in the USA! :D

I think the key is to book with the link above and just put the hold on the room. The hold I put on last night said I had till Monday at midnight to put deposit down. There's no cost in putting a hold on the room you want. They system allows two bookings, same name and date. This way I had a chance to talk to my PCC today and make sure I wasn't messing up anything. I also wanted him to complete the booking so that I could ensure he'd still be the guy I call with any questions or booking changes in the future. I didn't ask Pcc but I assume he probably wouldn't have been able to straight up book the room via the promo in Asia. He was able to book it because I had a confirmation hold reservation in my ncl. He was able to change rooms though and told me if I decided prior to the 17th-when promo ends, that the haven suite I booked was too expensive that he could move down to a lower suite within that promo as long as prices didn't change. My first reservation also had a cruise next cert. Pcc said it'll take a few days for it to show back up in my ncl and as soon as it did he'd apply it to my new booking. Good luck.

Edit: I see you are using. TA. Please report back outcome. I'd love to know if this can be done with a TA. I think same premise would work. Book a hold with link above and then call TA with booking number. I'd love to find out if TA can take over a reservation like this- offer up some extra obc or something to offset no perks even more.

Edited by littlelulu01

The special deal is only available using that link. I just tried to order going the normal route and that special is not an option.

I am going to book it now right through the website without a TA and will see if it goes through and report back. I tried pricing this itinerary with a few different lines and this is by far the best rate.

Thanks to OP for posting this!

Anyone knows the cancellation policy on these bookings? The price is really good, but we're not sure we can go due to our kids' summer schedule. Wonder if I can book now and cancel before 90 days if schedule doesn't work out.

If you click the link and do a dummy booking, when you reach the point where it shows the fare, you can click on pricing details. At the bottom of pricing details it has a link for cancellation fees. It looks to me exactly the same as USA booking cancellation fee schedule.

Congrats. If you try and transfer to your TA please report back the outcome.

I will not be using a TA, I always do bookings on my own.

2 things concern me however, 1. I never got a confirmation email and 2. There is no area in my reservation that allows me to put down any more money.

I did check my CC company and the deposit wen through from NCL ASIA USD.

I will call NCL tomorrow to make sure this is legit.

Another update....I got my confirmation email early this morning...since this may be from an overseas office, it must just take longer.

I also can't make payments online, I would have to mail it in to Miami office or I suppose I can make an over the phone payment.

This offer seemed too good to be true, so I was concerned but now that I have a conf. email I'm good to go.

The price is outstanding, I've been pricing Baltic sea cruises for a while now and I don't think I can get this fare on any other line.

The only negative is that it will be an October cruise...so we may not be able to take advantage of the waterpark but this cruise is about the ports anyway.

When can I buy spa passes? It's not open for booking yet.

Wow so it does seem to work in the USA...I am wondering though about how you said that you can't make any online payments for your cruise? So will you have to make all of your payments by phone only? And also, since your deposit was processed by NCL Asia, was there a foreign transaction fee on the charge? (unless you used a cc that doesn't have that)

Wow so it does seem to work in the USA...I am wondering though about how you said that you can't make any online payments for your cruise? So will you have to make all of your payments by phone only? And also, since your deposit was processed by NCL Asia, was there a foreign transaction fee on the charge? (unless you used a cc that doesn't have that)

My credit card shows charge as "Norwegian Asia USD Miami". It was charged in usd.