Ncl epic family inside

soggy1975

We're considering the epic for a 7nt w med cruise from Barcelona next summer

Its our 1st cruise and there are 4 of us inc 2 boys aged 11&13

We're seen the family inside rooms at a good price and was wondering what these rooms are like and how they compare to standard inside

Also these rooms seen to be clustered together on floor 13 nr the bridge viewing area..whats this area like for sea sickness..it seems to be q high and q far from the middle of the boat..that is pretty much the opposite to what ive been recommended

Thanks

We're considering the epic for a 7nt w med cruise from Barcelona next summer

Its our 1st cruise and there are 4 of us inc 2 boys aged 11&13

We're seen the family inside rooms at a good price and was wondering what these rooms are like and how they compare to standard inside

Also these rooms seen to be clustered together on floor 13 nr the bridge viewing area..whats this area like for sea sickness..it seems to be q high and q far from the middle of the boat..that is pretty much the opposite to what ive been recommended

Thanks

Sailed the Epic on the same cruise this October...

As someone has said already, the cabin is the same as other four berth insides I believe, it is just the location that makes them 'family'. We were on deck 13 but close to the stern & it really was a good location. Great nights sleep with only one night of a little 'rolling'. Always been in mid-ship & on decks like 7, 8 & 9 previously so had our reservations...but it was fine.

Obviously it will be 'snug' with the four of you! We were three & our son is 13...but if you stagger showering & getting dressed/changed times it will work.

Thanks thats the reassurance i needed

Brilliant!

Forget all the curtain, funny lay out, sink in the room etc. etc.

Like us you will make it work & have the other matter of four 'large' beings in a relatively small space issues to distract you!

But it will work once you develop your system of choice & after all you won't be spending a large part of the day in there ...To much fun!

• 6 months later...

It being your first cruise, I will tell you these cabins are TIGHT with 4 people. If you can budget for it, I would try to get two connecting rooms for the 4 of you.

The shower opens directly into the room, which means you're getting dressed standing behind a curtain. When the curtain is drawn, nobody can go in or out of the room. The sink is also directly in the room, so people brushing their teeth and washing hands are right in the middle of everything.

There is also nowhere to sit in the room except the beds and one small stool.

I just want to make sure you know what you are getting yourselves into with two teens!