Celebrity Silhouette cabin 1048? Help

skings

Hello, posted this question elsewhere, but no response.

Changed my recent booking on 1/8/2017 -4 day. Cabin 1099 to 1048

My friend who has sailed many times, said 1048 has no view forward. I dont believe that would be deal breaker for me. My reason for switching was location, closer to elevators and I am mobility impaired.

Looks like I dont have a choice this late in the time frame but for future reference it might be good to know.

That cabin will have forward views blocked because it is directly behind the hump. The websites for most, if not all, of the cruise lines have deck plans of their ships. I NEVER book a cabin without looking at the location on these plans.

Here's a link for Silhouette's deck plans:. http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-silhouette#Deck_Plans/ships/celebrity-silhouette/deck-plans

I don't think you'll care so long as you can see straight out. And, unless you're on the hump, which is limited to a very small number of rooms, you would have some element of your forward or aft view mildly diminished no matter where you were. And the proximity to the elevators/stairs on Solstice Class ships for my wife and I was a huge advantage. So convenient! And by the way we heard no noise either.

Also, the hump is angled, which will help the view a tad I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums