Carnival magic January movies?? Also, Steven Schwartz?!

baileydanae

Hi everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knew or could point me in the direction of what movies will play in the dive in theatre in January on the magic??

Also, just found out that Dr. E won't be our cruise director and we're sad because we've heard so many wonderful things about him. Our director will be Steven Schwartz, so does anyone have any good memories of him?!

Thanks!

We sailed with Schwartz in July on the Pride. He was easily the most visible and interactive CD we've sailed with, but Pride is a smaller ship. He is fun for all ages. My 5 year old son loved him, but DH and I found him great as well! His tag line (sign off) "May the Schwartz be with you" gets a little old. We are sailing on the magic and were looking forward to Dr. E, but we aren't mad about sailing with Schwartz again. He made our last cruise memorable!

He posted it this morning:

Here are January's Dive In Movies to be shown on the 14 ships that have the big screens on Lido:

The Magnificent Seven

Jason Bourne

Sully

Suicide Squad

Central Intelligence

Ghostbusters

The Light Between the Oceans

Me Before You

Miss Peregrine's Home for the Peculiar Children

Deepwater Horizon

Trolls

Trolls 2 - We Hate Heald (haha)

The Secret Life of Pets

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Captain America: Civil War

Bad Moms

Just got off the Magic yesterday (great trip and we had a blast), Schwartz was very visible and all the little kids really liked him. I will be honest with you, his "Love you.....no I love you more.......no, I love you the mostest" became increasingly annoying by day 7 (I was cringing with anticipation at the end of each announcement by then). I am sure that is why all the little kids loved him so much, they all played the game, constantly, every time someone said something. Other than that small annoyance he was ok as CDs go.

Just a couple of other notes while I am here talking about the Magic, the Tandoor is hands down the best food on the ship! Ate it everyday for lunch and will miss it terribly, authentic and the chef knows how to prepare it. We loved it. That being said, did not enjoy the MDR this time as much, food was good but the atmosphere was off. Our dinning staff just wasn't the same as on other ships, maybe an off week or something?

The playlist productions were excellent, the singers and dancers were outstanding. The last show (America Rocks) was a classic rock show, if you like old time rock and roll then you want to see this one especially. Had 3 different shows last week so lots to see.

Four comedians rotated and although we only hit the PG shows (DS is 14 and loves comedy) they were all funny and we enjoyed the shows. The Red Frog Pub really fun place to hang out, played a lot of bar games like foosball and such.

The Magic is a beautiful ship, we did a lot of walking (we never take elevators) from our cabin (Empress deck, balcony cabin #7262 portside) everywhere, good way to get exercise (outstanding cabin staff, room serviced 2x a day). The gym was very nice and had a lot of equipment for a ship gym. Did not use the spa but took tour, beautiful. Serenity deck was perfect for hanging out and maybe a nice afternoon nap on a sea day. DS loved the big waterslides (especially twister) and we enjoyed the ropes course as something different to do on ship. Weather was perfect (mid 80's everyday) and we had 4 ports (all dock ports no tender), we were busy!

You will enjoy the ship, it is now our favorite (was the Liberty, which we still love but this moved into first place).

Edited by Drazil65

• 1 month later...