RC versus Celeb

maurjohn

Hi all, we will soon be diamond plus with Royal Caribbean and are thinking about trying Celebrity after that, can someone please tell me what status will we be on Celebrity. I know at the moment that we would be Elite, but would we be higher with the plus ?

Thanks in advance

RCI Diamond and higher will receive reciprocal benefit status as Elite on Celebrity. D+ receives no extra benefits. Points earned also are accumulated separately and stay with each cruise line and are not shared.

While the Celebrity loyalty program is very good, the RCI loyalty program currently is better IMO. (RCI balcony discount, longer tier club hours / more days open, etc.). But having reciprocity of tier benefits between the two - which is unique to the RCI family - is a real plus.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I just sailed Celebrity for the first time and I was Elite. We went on Millie 14 nights South Asia Sea. The service, food, service, staff, and service was amazing.

Elite was a nice perk as we did get different activities, tours, and spaces to use. They were less crowded and well staffed/organized. The free bag of laundry per person is well worth it. The free drink lounge is also nice, but a lot of fares for Xelebrity come with all inclusive drink packages so going to the lounge was not necessary.

The shows, activities, and ship was mediocre. Here there really is no comparison to Royal.

I would go again on Celebrity as long as it's not on the Millennium class ships. My concern is that those ships do more exotic trips. Most of the Solstice ships spend time in the Caribbean and I am not interested in going to the Caribbean again.

This is all my PO.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all, we will soon be diamond plus with Royal Caribbean and are thinking about trying Celebrity after that, can someone please tell me what status will we be on Celebrity. I know at the moment that we would be Elite, but would we be higher with the plus ?

Thanks in advance

If you decide to book a Celebrity Cruise you will need to contact the Captains Club Desk and provide them with your Crown and Anchor number. You need to do this to get your Captains Club number and the correct tier level recognition.

Edited by davekathy

You might want to try a Celebrity cruise in the Med. I've been on several Celebrity cruises and I think it works BEST as a floating hotel when you are off the ship all day almost every day. Basically, the shows are not very good but dinner is good and there is not a whole lot to do on the ship during the day. On a Med cruise that is actually very appropriate.