$49 Photo Package

Juliayn

I was just able to pre-purchase this package for $99 on our upcoming Ruby cruise. It is listed as $199 onboard, and half off if you prepurchase it. Blurb about it says. "Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise for one low price"

I usually don't do too many photo ops, but since we have some special occasions on this trip, this was the perfect time to jump on this offer.

I have also booked the UBD, which at the time I booked and pre-paid, said it included a photo. Now I see that the description no longer includes a photo. I was preparing to fight for it onboard, but now will just make sure they are sending a photographer that evening to take shot on our balcony.

We also have the $99 offer on our Crown sailing in March.

I was just able to pre-purchase this package for $99 on our upcoming Ruby cruise. It is listed as $199 onboard, and half off if you prepurchase it. Blurb about it says. "Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise for one low price"

I usually don't do too many photo ops, but since we have some special occasions on this trip, this was the perfect time to jump on this offer.

I have also booked the UBD, which at the time I booked and pre-paid, said it included a photo. Now I see that the description no longer includes a photo. I was preparing to fight for it onboard, but now will just make sure they are sending a photographer that evening to take shot on our balcony.

We're just off 20 nights in Royal and did several UBD. We had the $49 photo package on both legs of our sailing and did several UBDs.. (20th and 30th. Offered to everyone at $49 on 20th leg. On 30th leg, price went up to $199, however all those who had purchased on previous leg were sent a letter offering the package at $49 again as a "special").

The photographers, and manager, were very adamant that the UBD photos were NOT covered by the photo package. We received one "free" picture with the UBD. After that, we could purchase any additional at $10 per photo. They wouldn't budge with the all-in photo package and UBD. The only concession was that they would scan our UBD photos onto the USB stick (a very cute Princess ship shape), but they most definitely weren't covered for the prints... Same went for our friends who did their UBD separately, and for us again when we did it as two couples and both had the all-in photo package. So, adamant. I'm sure someone must have got it done, but it wasn't any if the 6 of us! Lol.

Just an FYI for your planning.

We're just off 20 nights in Royal and did several UBD. We had the $49 photo package on both legs of our sailing and did several UBDs.. (20th and 30th. Offered to everyone at $49 on 20th leg. On 30th leg, price went up to $199, however all those who had purchased on previous leg were sent a letter offering the package at $49 again as a "special").

The photographers, and manager, were very adamant that the UBD photos were NOT covered by the photo package. We received one "free" picture with the UBD. After that, we could purchase any additional at $10 per photo. They wouldn't budge with the all-in photo package and UBD. The only concession was that they would scan our UBD photos onto the USB stick (a very cute Princess ship shape), but they most definitely weren't covered for the prints... Same went for our friends who did their UBD separately, and for us again when we did it as two couples and both had the all-in photo package. So, adamant. I'm sure someone must have got it done, but it wasn't any if the 6 of us! Lol.

Then they need to be more specific with their promo wording ;-) i don't actually care if I get prints or just digital. What potentially irritates me, is that when I booked the UBD, it said a photo was included -- and current wording omits that perk. The receipt doesn't even say what I paid for, let alone what was included. So I better be able to at least get digitals or 1 print from that. We also booked a vow renewal, so I'm expecting those too -- that's part of the reason I bought the package. The description flat out says "all the prints and digitals from your cruise" ---no exceptions or exclusions listed. I grabbed a screenshot of it this time. I don't like misleading advertising.

Edited by 3kidsncats

That is very discouraging. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Edited by easyboy

Then they need to be more specific with their promo wording ;-) i don't actually care if I get prints or just digital. What potentially irritates me, is that when I booked the UBD, it said a photo was included -- and current wording omits that perk. The receipt doesn't even say what I paid for, let alone what was included. So I better be able to at least get digitals or 1 print from that. We also booked a vow renewal, so I'm expecting those too -- that's part of the reason I bought the package. The description flat out says "all the prints and digitals from your cruise" ---no exceptions or exclusions listed. I grabbed a screenshot of it this time. I don't like misleading advertising.

We had purchased the package, when the time came for vow renewal they sent a photographer & videographer prior to the ceremony. They took us around the ship and took about 150 photos and video.

Two days later came the up-sell. None of the photos were included in the photo package, just the one framed print that was included in the renewal package. The video was beautiful, but very expensive. Prices started at $599 for the video. Had we known this we would have declined the video being filmed rather than having them waste the resources.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had purchased the package, when the time came for vow renewal they sent a photographer & videographer prior to the ceremony. They took us around the ship and took about 150 photos and video.

Two days later came the up-sell. None of the photos were included in the photo package, just the one framed print that was included in the renewal package. The video was beautiful, but very expensive. Prices started at $599 for the video. Had we known this we would have declined the video being filmed rather than having them waste the resources.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience-- would love to hear details of your renewal, but I guess that would be off topic :-P

I assume we will get the same run around. I still plan on pushing for it, because they chose the language of the sales pitch for photo package and it clearly says "all" with NOTHING listed as an exception. I don't care about prints or video, just the digital copies matter to me. I'm a huge believer in a companies obligation to be clear in what they are selling -- and to honor the terms of what they sold. I will decline the video, as I know I won't buy it. I don't want anyone wasting their time either.

I'm not going to stress overly about it, as we will have friends there taking pics and video. One dabbles in photography and I will ask her to practice with my full frame so she can use it. I do portrait photography as a hobby and am working towards doing it professionally. I have scoped out images and videos of the ship so I already have ideas on what photos I want.

And our renewal will be on formal night, so we will take advantage of all the photo ops that night ;-)

• 8 months later...
Thank you so much for sharing your experience-- would love to hear details of your renewal, but I guess that would be off topic :-P

I assume we will get the same run around. I still plan on pushing for it, because they chose the language of the sales pitch for photo package and it clearly says "all" with NOTHING listed as an exception. I don't care about prints or video, just the digital copies matter to me. I'm a huge believer in a companies obligation to be clear in what they are selling -- and to honor the terms of what they sold. I will decline the video, as I know I won't buy it. I don't want anyone wasting their time either.

I'm not going to stress overly about it, as we will have friends there taking pics and video. One dabbles in photography and I will ask her to practice with my full frame so she can use it. I do portrait photography as a hobby and am working towards doing it professionally. I have scoped out images and videos of the ship so I already have ideas on what photos I want.

And our renewal will be on formal night, so we will take advantage of all the photo ops that night ;-)

Sorry, I totally missed seeing this! Goshi, from Passenger Services took care of all the details for our renewal. It can only be done while at sea. We didn’t have anyone else on board with us, but it was a very nice ceremony.

If not interested in having a ship photographer I would let them know up front. Especially the videographer!