Specialty restaurants solo

Markc3843

Yes, I ate at Giovanni's on Explorer by myself in October. I just took my Kindle as I normally do when dining alone. I paid for one person. The only slight "drawback" I saw was some of the servings were large and there was no one to share them with.

Specialty restaurants solo can it be done?

Some ships like the Norwegian Epic have Solo lounges where many solo cruisers gather and at some meetings there some solo cruisers join with others to not eat alone if they desire. I have specialty dinning reservations and never really thought about having to eat alone, but others might not want to eat alone and if so I would have no problem joining them.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Absolutely!!!! I was on Anthem solo in January and I ate at all of the specialty restaurants on my own! Only downside was at wonderland as the dish sizes are for sharing and I wanted to try different things and I felt guilty about wasting food that I simply couldn't eat all of it but the waiters kept insisting of bringing more food!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have eaten alone in specialty restaurants. Not a problem at all, but yes, you might want to bring something to read.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope to try the Chef's Table on my next cruise so it would be like the normal MDR dining group. However, I would like to try others but reading during a special meal wouldn't appeal to me. I'm quite used to being alone so don't think I would mind but would be nice if a group would invite me to join them.

I hope to try the Chef's Table on my next cruise so it would be like the normal MDR dining group. However, I would like to try others but reading during a special meal wouldn't appeal to me. I'm quite used to being alone so don't think I would mind but would be nice if a group would invite me to join them.

Post this in your cruise's Roll Call- it's possible someone would invite you there.

I have done Chops many a time solo. Very easy to get in on the first time of reservations. I usually schedule my reservation right when they open. Also I tend to book onboard as I take advantage of the BOGO offer for D+

Also with the BOGO promotion for D+ and above I am able to enjoy Chops for 2 nights for the price on 1 night.

I will see if this trend continues when I sail on Harmony on February