As of today......RCI drink price increase!!!!!!!

TC38

That's what is bothering us. We purchased the drink package a few months ago - and many wines we would like were priced at or below the threshold. As of January - some like Kim Crawford Sauv. Blanc jumped up to $17 a glass! It's ridiculous. I don't think we'll have problems with mixed drinks/cocktails. It's wine that will be a problem - and we love wine.

That stinks. I am not a wine drinker, but in glancing at the menus, some types of wines, like SB, don't have any selections below the threshold.

This whole thing is confusing! We sailed on the Allure in November and also had the $12 limit. I ordered many, many Ultimate Bloody Mary's and other Grey Goose drinks that were listed at $13 and never paid anything. They were ordered at different bars also. We did have to pay extra for a few glasses of wine but never a mixed drink. I'm still buying the package for our October cruise because it did save us $$$.

This whole thing is confusing! We sailed on the Allure in November and also had the $12 limit. I ordered many, many Ultimate Bloody Mary's and other Grey Goose drinks that were listed at $13 and never paid anything. They were ordered at different bars also. We did have to pay extra for a few glasses of wine but never a mixed drink. I'm still buying the package for our October cruise because it did save us $$$.

Oasis Class (Oasis, Allure, and Harmony) have had a $13 limit for some time.

This is back from May 2016, so it references the old packages.

20160511163632-741eb0f9-me.jpg

Sent from a mobile device

Edited by chandom

I read somewhere that "The 10 drink card went on sale early...I think we first saw it on the evening of day 3, but it might have been day 4. The cost was $85 plus tip, for a total of $100.30." Can you confirm this?

Yes that is correct but I don't find that to be much of a deal, unless you get ultimate drinks with an extra shot in it every single time. I do have some more info on the beverage package, but will post that when I'm back home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be all drinks priced $12 and under (some ships like HOTS is $13). The majority of drinks made with rail liquor are priced within the deluxe package. The added cost comes with restaurant specialty drinks (which were priced at $15 on Harmony) or when you want a mixed drink with premium spirits like grey goose. What happened to me tho, I would simply ask for a cosmo not specifying a certain vodka and they would use grey goose and then I would be charged extra. Since I didnt sign anything, I would not know until I checked my account.

Happened to me as well, getting charged extra for a drink posted on the menu for 12.00. I would get charged 2.38. I went to dispute this charge at guest services and it took the lady 10 minutes to refund 2.38 to my Seapass and she had to call 2 people to do it! I mean, it's only 2.00 but it's just kind of the principle of the thing - I ordered a drink within the 12.00, was charged extra without being told, and didn't even have to sign a paper. Just ridiculous imho! I ended up just ordering the same thing so I wouldn't have any extra surprises!

Happened to me as well, getting charged extra for a drink posted on the menu for 12.00. I would get charged 2.38. I went to dispute this charge at guest services and it took the lady 10 minutes to refund 2.38 to my Seapass and she had to call 2 people to do it! I mean, it's only 2.00 but it's just kind of the principle of the thing - I ordered a drink within the 12.00, was charged extra without being told, and didn't even have to sign a paper. Just ridiculous imho! I ended up just ordering the same thing so I wouldn't have any extra surprises!

If you owed RCI $2.00 and tried to get off of the ship at the end of the cruise you would be stopped and sent to Guest Services to pay it. So don't feel like you should minimize the $2.00 that RCI owed you. You are correct, it is the principle of the thing. You were charged without your consent.

They have to get this figured out soon. Bartenders should tell you when ordering if it's an added cost and have you sign for it. It appears that they're ripping us off if they don't and that leads to hard feelings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also can't believe the lady at guest services had to call two separate people to remove a single 2.38 charge. I can't imagine how long it would have taken her if it was a bigger dispute! She really wasn't super understanding, even when I explained I was never told or given a receipt to sign. She said it's company policy that it's not the bartenders responsibility to tell you what is or is not included in the package and also that he is not required to have you sign a receipt for the up charge. Just blows my mind, honestly. A different bartender told me that you can order two shots of greygoose with soda and not get charged extra because the second shot is "half price" but a single shot of greygoose in a cosmo isn't included! I don't want to complain about this, as I had mostly great service and such, but am just sharing the information I got onboard for everyone, so you know what could *possibly* happen to you. I did see many bartenders giving me drinks with greygoose even when I didn't ask for it and I was not charged for it. So it seems very very inconsistent across the board, even though all bartenders assured me that they follow "fleetwide policy" and every bar is following the same set of rules, which I totally cry bullsh*t on

I'll be posting a few menu pics later on today!

I hear you!! Even though we didn't get a drink package we did get a shock.

Hey folks, I'm not a typically skeptical person but after what I have now seen after finally reviewing our bill; I feel I need to advise you all to look closely!!

Here is the problem. . . three times my husband and I ordered 2 mojitos at a charge of $23.60. The first time was at the Schooner Bar and it appears the barmaid added a $1.20 tip after the receipt was signed. It would appear she was trying to get even with us for cutting into her flirting time.

Told my husband if we get a package next time he'll have to request a receipt because from now on we'll write "None" on the tip line.

Boleros Menus on 1/21/17 on Adventure of the Seas

I find it very interesting that Bacardi 8 is $9.00 while a Cuba libre with Bacardi 8 is $14. That had better be some impressive lime juice.

Edited by daze6399

I find it very interesting that Bacardi 8 is $9.00 while a Cuba libre with Bacardi 8 is $14.

the whole thing doesn't make sense. I asked a bartender to explain stuff to me one day and left more confused than before I asked him. He basically said it's all very organized but it's SO not. You can order a 2 shots of greygoose with a mixer, but you can't get a single shot of greygoose in a cosmo included, because apparently, the second shot of greygoose is "half price" and the cosmo has one too many mixers? MAKES NO SENSE, that cosmo with 1 shot costs the cruise line LESS than the 2 shots of greygoose with 1 mixer and no bartender can convince me otherwise!

Anyhow, first world problems...lol :D

the whole thing doesn't make sense. I asked a bartender to explain stuff to me one day and left more confused than before I asked him. He basically said it's all very organized but it's SO not. You can order a 2 shots of greygoose with a mixer, but you can't get a single shot of greygoose in a cosmo included, because apparently, the second shot of greygoose is "half price" and the cosmo has one too many mixers? MAKES NO SENSE, that cosmo with 1 shot costs the cruise line LESS than the 2 shots of greygoose with 1 mixer and no bartender can convince me otherwise!

Anyhow, first world problems...lol :D

As a reformed bartender..... you never charge for mixes. It's a PITA and and at a rough cost of $0.025 per drink it's not worth the hassle. You make your money on the booze, always. If you have a complex drink that requires a specialized mixer (fresh muddled mint leaves for instance) you add a buck to that drink, but no bar I've ever seen adds cost in for a mixer. So yeah... that makes no sense.

Thanks for posting these menus! Did you see any other virgin drinks floating around? My kid is very excited about having cool drinks, but I'm not all for her being hyped up on Red Bull for a week. One addict in the house is enough.

Edited by daze6399

As a reformed bartender..... you never charge for mixes. It's a PITA and and at a rough cost of $0.025 per drink it's not worth the hassle. You make your money on the booze, always. If you have a complex drink that requires a specialized mixer (fresh muddled mint leaves for instance) you add a buck to that drink, but no bar I've ever seen adds cost in for a mixer. So yeah... that makes no sense.

So a traditional cosmo is like a shot of vodka, some triple sec liqueur, cranberry juice, a splash of lime, right? I wonder if the triple sec throws it over, but still doesn't make sense since liqueurs are super cheap

Also, unrelated but most bars had several types of Redbull...blueberry, cranberry, yellow, a couple others. I'm really not a red bull fan but I did have a couple flavors.

Not saying you have to tip extra, but I gave a dollar for great service on the first day to a Solarium bartender and was amazed at the drinks and service I got after that, not that it was BAD before the 1.00 tip!!! I didn't tip him on the drinks after and the service was still remarkable. I bet because of the no receipts, they get no additional tips for great service and I wonder if their pay went up because of this. I know if I were a bartender and they took away receipts and my additional tips went down for great service, I wouldn't be pleased.

So a traditional cosmo is like a shot of vodka, some triple sec liqueur, cranberry juice, a splash of lime, right? I wonder if the triple sec throws it over, but still doesn't make sense since liqueurs are super cheap

Also, unrelated but most bars had several types of Redbull...blueberry, cranberry, yellow, a couple others. I'm really not a red bull fan but I did have a couple flavors.

Not saying you have to tip extra, but I gave a dollar for great service on the first day to a Solarium bartender and was amazed at the drinks and service I got after that, not that it was BAD before the 1.00 tip!!! I didn't tip him on the drinks after and the service was still remarkable. I bet because of the no receipts, they get no additional tips for great service and I wonder if their pay went up because of this. I know if I were a bartender and they took away receipts and my additional tips went down for great service, I wouldn't be pleased.

Depends on the brand of triple sec, but it's more than a mixer. To put it in perspective bar cost on a bottle of mix is usually under $2, triple sec is somewhere in the $6-10 range, absolut is around $15-20, Goose is $20-$25, taxes where they buy the liquor is another issue and that will jack the prices up of course, it's also going to depend on who their supplier is, some bars I've worked at bought liquor from the same guy that delivers the soda, some states you have to buy from the government so that will affect pricing as well, especially if the supplier doesn't carry a particular brand, not common with liquor but it does happen. For a company like RCI they're buying bottles at a rate that would make me an alcoholic if I could pay that price, unless they have to buy from the state ( I don't know what Florida law is, assuming they're restocking booze in FL)... so long answer, yes it's probably the triple sec.

And that is long enough to bore anyone.

Depends on the brand of triple sec, but it's more than a mixer. To put it in perspective bar cost on a bottle of mix is usually under $2, triple sec is somewhere in the $6-10 range, absolut is around $15-20, Goose is $20-$25, taxes where they buy the liquor is another issue and that will jack the prices up of course, it's also going to depend on who their supplier is, some bars I've worked at bought liquor from the same guy that delivers the soda, some states you have to buy from the government so that will affect pricing as well, especially if the supplier doesn't carry a particular brand, not common with liquor but it does happen. For a company like RCI they're buying bottles at a rate that would make me an alcoholic if I could pay that price, unless they have to buy from the state ( I don't know what Florida law is, assuming they're restocking booze in FL)... so long answer, yes it's probably the triple sec.

And that is long enough to bore anyone.

and I would usually say yes, ok I understand, but two shots of grey goose with mixers included is what pissed me off and when you don't even get told you are being charged extra or get a receipt to sign for the extra charge. Oh well, you can def get Belvedere tho, which i find comparable to greygoose.