Epic studio cabins

BusyBlond

So, February will be my first time to ever cruise solo, I've booked a studio cabin. Can anyone that has sailed in one give me the skinny on that? What did you love or hate? Anything I should know? I'm the living room will provide the opportunity to meet up with other solo travelers that I might enjoy hanging out with. Did you find that to be the case?

There's a lot of posts on these, but I just got off Epic and stayed in one (three family members also stayed in one).

Overall the room is very well laid out with plenty of storage. Bathrooms are a little small if we're being honest.

I cruised during the holidays so many of the studio cabin people seemed to have friends/family on the boat. That being said, there were still solo get togethers that seemed active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sailed on Epic three times. Loved the studios! The living room is a great place to meet others; in fact, I'm at several people that I've kept up online friendships with and one with whom I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise on Allure of the Seas in January this year. NCL has it all over the other cruise lines when it comes to the cello cabins. I wish well Caribbean and/or celebrity would do the same, as those are my favorite lines, but NCL is also great.

If you want to meet people, there is a bar in the Living Room, and every evening there is a happy hour from I believe 5 to 7 PM. Most evenings, people gather at that. You'll also get to know the bartender there; hopefully you'll have a good one! Enjoy your trip!

Also, there is a free cappuccino/Macchiato/latte machine in the Living Room, so don't pay the extra freight to get expensive coffee elsewhere on the ship! The machine is available 24 hours, so you can get something there at any time. There's also a small refrigerator that has fruit, cereal, yogurt, and other little snack foods available whenever you want them, and also a little cabinet with fresh cookies.

Don't forget to join your week's roll call here on Cruise Critic. That's always a good way to meet people before you go. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for the studios. I've stayed in them on both Epic and Getaway (managed to snag a balcony upgrade on Breakaway). Both times were enjoyable. The space/storage in the room was more than enough for me but I'm on team pack carry-on only and I don't bring tons of stuff. I've found that the studio lounge can be hit or miss if you don't attend organized events. My most recent cruise a group of us tended to stop by the lounge just before retiring for the evening. We'd end up rehashing the day and shooting the breeze until the wee hours. It became our cruise tradition.

I stayed on one 5 years ago and loved it- there was so much to do that the small space wasn't a factor as I didn't like staying in the room. Personally, I liked the hardwood floors and the lighting. The Epic had 128 so i found there were more solos participating than the other cruises I went on.

I did upgrade to a balcony for my following 2 cruises but other than the extra unpacking space found it not necessary. Going back to a studio for the Escape next year