Review:very positive reflection. W. Caribbean

Seapoint

When I read your review two things struck me.

After reading your thread heading, when I came across your mention of "Luminae" (meaning you booked a suite), that immediately reinforced my current thoughts that Celebrity is becoming a two experience ship (suites and all others). I'm not saying that is a bad thing (very high suite prices keep prices down for non-suite guests), I actually like that.

The other was that it took you an hour calling Celebrity to get your reservation fixed while on board. Guest relations should have done that for you.

Glad you had a great cruise...we found our most recent cruise "ship music level" to be very appropriate.

Edited by dodger1964

We booked a suite using Texas residency discount.Guest relations told us the go best was removed from our booking because of the resident discount and they could not help us,

They said resident discount of $300 wiped out the go best,worth far more.They were adament that we lost our go best as soon as the lower price was offered.

Celebrity on shore restore our go best.They could not have been more helpful.We booked on the celebrity web site ,no TA involved so they were able to sort it out.

We have sailed Reflection, Silhouette, Eclipse and Solstice. The ships are more similar than different, except Reflection is bigger, having an extra deck of cabins. Despite this, we did not feel the ship was more crowded.

There are some plusses and minuses (IMO)

Plusses: The Ocean Cafe is on the pool level, not up a flight of stairs. Also, you can walk 360 degrees around the ship almost from stem to stern on one level, on the deck above the pool. Sunset bar is a better design, and Ocean Cafe outdoor terrace is a bit larger.

Minuses: Sky Lounge reduced by new suites, so no longer 270 degrees view. Qasar replaced with a conference room, used mainly for future cruise sales. Cabanas reduce lawn. No Hot Glass show, but replaced by Lawn Club Grill, which some people like.

Net, I choose by timing, pricing and itinerary.

Edited by Seapoint

SO glad to hear you had a great cruise! Very informative review. We are on the Reflection again next month and now I am even MORE excited! It really is a wonderful ship.

To the discussion on transportation from Miami to FLL -- hubs and I used S&S last year and were VERY pleased with it. $15 each. Was not only prompt, but we were much earlier disembarking than I had allotted for us, so I phoned them and they had a van close by that came and picked us up an hour ahead of when I thought we would need it! We will definitely use it again.