Recent Gastrobar Experience?

CrankySailor

Anyone sail recently on Eclipse (or other S Class w this venue)? Last year the food was poor and the bar service was mediocre (was easier to go get your own bottle and have them ring it in for you). Great place to watch football, and I want to like it, so hoping it has improved.

Thx.

PS - any recent experience at the World Class Bar? Drinks are good, but they have one tender making very complex drinks...so the wait to get your drink was often 15+ minutes. Hoping they figured out they need 2 or 3 bartenders.

Well, that's a bummer! I thought Eclipse still had Cellar Masters...also thought Silk Harvest, but realized it's Qsine. At least I'm on board, so to speak, and not planning to have a crêpe, upon boarding, at Bistro on 5.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Was on Equinox this month. I have mixed feelings on Gastrobar. It's a nice concept, but it was usually pretty empty. The beer selection was mediocre at best, but still a better variety than what you would usually see on a cruise. I haven't tried any of their burgers and really don't see the need to pay for one. Service at the bar was pretty quick, but table service took forever. I suppose it's still an improvement over Cellar Masters in my opinion.

My wife and I are big fans of World Class bar. We spent a great deal of time there on our last three cruises. Though it can get backed up it times, we enjoy the quality of the cocktails and have built good rapport with the bartenders.

Edited by IrieWay

The Gastropub on Eclipse is part of the Passport Bar, opened 3-7 pm. There was never a food menu and only a cooler full of nice beers. We got off the Eclipse 12/21.

Oh....that seems to be a change. Last year, there was a food menu (burgers, fish and chips, truffle fries, etc.). Perhaps the reviews were universally poor and they did away with the food.

The Gastro Bar on the Equinox this past month was located midship on deck 4 opposite the Martini Bar. While on Eclipse it's located on deck 3 where the Equinox has the Passport Bar (opposite Guest Services) It appeared to be an underutilized area on the Equinox except for at the bar and diehard sports fans.

IMG_1677_zpsx76pgwlf.jpg

Here is a picture of the menu's food page. Like IrieWay, I don't see the need to pay extra for a burger on a cruise ship.

IMG_1641_zpsacx4sxyi.jpg

The Eclipse has Qsine. However I really enjoyed Equinox's Silk Harvest, the Asian restaurant, which was regularly priced at $35 surcharge but I got it for $20..

Edited by ChucktownSteve

We did a 14 night B2B with 10 night in November/December. Same 10 night that Oville mentioned. We only saw a Gastropub menu once but we were there during the day. Maybe different at night. The area is brighter than when it was just Passport Bar. It has a nice sports bar "feel" but without banners and sports memorabilia. The area was usually crowded on shore days when people returned to the ship but there was only one bartender most of the time so service was slow. Many people simply grabbed a beer from the cooler, showed their card and moved on.

Nice place to park if you want a quiet place to have a drink or three.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser
another of many typos

I was eager to check out the Gastrobar on Eclipse in November, but what I found was disappointment. Sure, there were a few coolers full of craft brews. And there were two TVs showing a game if one was on. But the ambiance was severely lacking. The bartenders were handling food orders and when we were there, it was busy with people ordering drinks. As a matter of fact, I didn't see anyone with food the half-dozen times we were there. We looked at the menu and the prices and fare sent us upstairs to Oceanview.

Another problem was noise. While I understand a pub environment is inherently noisy, I recall there was some sort of event in the Grand Foyer and the associated noise from that made any conversation around the Gastrobar impossible.

Meanwhile, Cellar Masters was just a dressed up space with no function.

Celebrity website doesn't answer this question. So hoping someone on here would know.

Upcoming cruise on Equinox. Would like to try the Gastropub, but we are just basic class (whatever that is called...."steerage"??). Is it open to us?

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

Celebrity website doesn't answer this question. So hoping someone on here would know.

Upcoming cruise on Equinox. Would like to try the Gastropub, but we are just basic class (whatever that is called...."steerage"??). Is it open to us?

Gastrobar is where Cellar Masters used to be on Equinox. It's open to all guests, not just those staying in particular cabin classes. They have food items available at a surcharge. Most drinks are covered under the premium drink package. The options are very limited for the classic drink package.

37c539234678d301b41e19257ab30357.jpg

Gastrobar is where Cellar Masters used to be on Equinox. It's open to all guests, not just those staying in particular cabin classes. They have food items available at a surcharge. Most drinks are covered under the premium drink package. The options are very limited for the classic drink package.

37c539234678d301b41e19257ab30357.jpg

Thank you. Will try it. We don't do the drink packages....just don't drink near enough to offset the cost.

Thank you. Will try it. We don't do the drink packages....just don't drink near enough to offset the cost.

Totally understandable! Most of the craft beers as I recall were in the $10-13 range. Not much, if anything, under that. They have a few overpriced craft beers ranging from $20-40.

Their draft selection was pretty small. Maybe 4 taps? Pretty standard variety, nothing craft.