POM to MIA - flight times

funinthesun1964

We are booked on the Vista Feb. 25 to March 5. I went ahead and booked a departing flight from MIA at 10:12. I thought that it would be fine at the time that I booked it.

However, now am a little concerned that I booked the flight for too early? Especially with the Vista having many more passengers and many other ships also returning to port that morning. Security lines may be long at the airport, etc. We are platinum on Carnival so we will have priority debarkation. What do you think?

There are MANY threads here recommending flights after 11am...occasionally someone will vote for 10:30.

Why do people continually ask these questions?

Especially someone who is Platinum on Carnival?

Edited by Lido_Deck

There are MANY threads here recommending flights after 11am...occasionally someone will vote for 10:30.

I've known many who made earlier flights out of MIA ....like 10 AM or 10:15...BUT, just happened to think Vista is a much larger ship holding many more passengers...plus being a new ship, it may have more international passengers and may take longer for customs to clear. Not really a major issue, I'm sure we will get home sometime and some way, just wanted others thoughts. Thanks!

Why do people continually ask these questions?

Especially someone who is Platinum on Carnival?

Because variables can happen with different ships and this can change the outcome of disembarkation times. Also, airports can have new processes in their ways...and it's been a while since I've flown from MIA. That's why!;)

Because variables can happen with different ships and this can change the outcome of disembarkation times. Also, airports can have new processes in their ways...and it's been a while since I've flown from MIA. That's why!;)

The Vista is scheduled to be back in port at 8:00 AM on that cruise. Did you really think you could get off the ship, through customs and to the airport in time to check your bags to make that flight?

Really?

The Vista is scheduled to be back in port at 8:00 AM on that cruise. Did you really think you could get off the ship, through customs and to the airport in time to check your bags to make that flight?

Really?

Really. I have been on other ships that say they are scheduled to be in port at 8 AM and they are there at 6 AM. Really. True story.

Really. I have been on other ships that say they are scheduled to be in port at 8 AM and they are there at 6 AM. Really. True story.

Well, then just roll the dice, Sunshine!

Nothing like taking unnecessary risks to ruin a perfectly good vacation.

Well, then just roll the dice, Sunshine!

Nothing like taking unnecessary risks to ruin a perfectly good vacation.

I'm looking for answers from someone who has recently been on the Vista or other larger ship from POM and departed from MIA on an earlier flight. I know they are out there. I will wait for their comments. Thank you for yours.

I'm looking for answers from someone who has recently been on the Vista or other larger ship from POM and departed from MIA on an earlier flight. I know they are out there. I will wait for their comments. Thank you for yours.

I've been on other larger ships from POM recently.

Perhaps you should be on the Carnival boards.

I've been on other larger ships from POM recently.

Perhaps you should be on the Carnival boards.

What time was your scheduled arrival at port? Did it arrive at that time or earlier? And did you disembark with priority passengers? What time did you get to MIA?

What time was your scheduled arrival at port? Did it arrive at that time or earlier? And did you disembark with priority passengers? What time did you get to MIA?

I'm Platinum on Carnival and NCL and Elite on Princess, so if I want priority disembark I get it, but I don't feel obligated to hurry into foolishness.

Why don't you just go ahead and do it then report back to us?

I'm Platinum on Carnival and NCL and Elite on Princess, so if I want priority disembark I get it, but I don't feel obligated to hurry into foolishness.

Why don't you just go ahead and do it then report back to us?

I will. Meanwhile, I would like to hear of other's recent stories.

BTW: I could have easily made a 10:15 out of FLL disembarking from Carnival Splendor (POM) the first week of November, but we just waited at the airport since our flight was at 11:20 that trip. I'm not encouraging others to book their flights at that time...just what I experienced disembarking from Splendor and flying out of FLL two months ago -- in case anyone out there is interested. We picked up a shuttle van that was already almost full and we were on our way.

We just cruised on Magic out of PC ( I know, not vista or POM) but early debark for passengers with early flights started well before 8am. I want to say it was closer to 7:15 that morning.

Like you said, you will have priority debarkation. I would probably carry off your luggage just in case.

I think you will be fine. But depending on how many are in your party you may want to have a plan b just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk