How many cruises for Elite?

geejay

I have completed 15 Princess cruises, will be on #16 in December. The cruise personalizer shows me as Elite, my ticket shows platinium. (Not platinium checkin, platinium beside my name on the back of the ticket.

I called Princess and was told that you have to have completed your 16th cruise before you are Elite; I read it that on your 16th you are Elite. Does anyone have the answer for this? I was definitely looking forward to that free laundry. ;)

cc_mp_elite_mendoza.gif

Effective on voyages commencing on or after March 1st

That's what the Captain's Circle web site says. You have completed 15 cruises (all on Princess/Sitmar, I assume) so per the website you should be Elite. Call Princess back and have them change your booking to reflect your Elite status. I had to do this for another reason once and it took calls to both the Captain's Circle rep and the booking rep, as their systems were not linked at that time.

Then, hand edit your ticket to show status. Reprinting tickets cost $50 each and doesn't change anything. Print out your cruise personalizer that shows Elite, and you should be boarded with an Elite cabin key. If not, then board as Platinum and contact the onboard Capt. Cirlce rep who will get you the correct key and benefits.

Archived