RCC Fan looking to try another cruise line. Help!

kle18

We haven't sailed on NCL, but have cruised on Princess and were very happy with our experiences. I think the demographics on Princess may be a reflection of the time of year as well as the length/type of itinerary chosen.

For example, on our 7 day Alaska cruise we were on the Star Princess and saw a cross section of age groups and several extended family groups. However on our 7 day New England cruise (Caribbean Princess) and 11 day Partial Panama Canal cruise (Island Princess)we saw many older couples and few children. If I'm not mistaken, I think the Star Princess and Caribbean Princess are sister ships to the Ruby.

Have a great cruise. It's a wonderful way to travel.

Edited by JimAOk1945

We too live in CA, Monterey Bay area.

We sailed with Princess twice out of L.A. last year. We had a great time, but there's not a lot to do on Princess. No water slides, rock wall, etc. But the cruise was great and relaxing.

We have not sailed NCL but we have sailed Carnival which was not bad.

I think it really goes to show how different everyone's opinion can be. Food is so subjective that we have opinions extremely varied for both Princess and Norwegian.

Again, thanks for everyone's input. I agree that we'll more than likely have a great time on either cruise ship.

I would choose the ship with the best itinerary if price is comparable . I've been on Pearl, Jewel's sister and it was fine but I probably won't do an older NCL ship again unless I had no choice. It was still fun.

That being said, I've just returned from my first Princess cruise on the Regal and although the food was good it wasn't great. Still a fun time just missed some things.

I definitely prefer NCL and RCI over Princess.

I'm not sure Princess is really for me unless I had no choice. So itinerary and price is what would I would go with.

Your vacation is what you make it. Both will be fun.

Edited by Siora7777