My View: Carnival Magic November 2016...A picture heavy report

APDMOM

Thanks for the review. We will be on the Magic for the same Southern cruise in August. I am really glad to get this review since we will be in 2305 so most of what you found will apply to us also. Hope the smell is not much of a problem because my DW does have a super sniffer. Really looking forward to the reviews of the ports of call also. Thanks for taking the time to add the pictures.

Loving the pictures! Thanks for doing this.

I do have a question for you. We are taking the same cruise this summer and I am wondering if you can tell me which night the second elegant night is. Is it Grand Turk night? It's my step sons birthday and we want to book the steakhouse but want to avoid elegant night if at all possible!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise also! I amost upgraded my parents to a spa cabin, but they got such a great deal that it was just not worth it and prices never dropped enough. :)

We booked about a 1 1/2 years out and at that time there was like $100.00 difference. The closer it got to cruising time the price had risen so much my brother didn't even book a room.

I do have a question for you. We are taking the same cruise this summer and I am wondering if you can tell me which night the second elegant night is. Is it Grand Turk night? It's my step sons birthday and we want to book the steakhouse but want to avoid elegant night if at all possible!

If I remember correct is was the same day as Grand Turk.

Thanks for the review. We will be on the Magic for the same Southern cruise in August. I am really glad to get this review since we will be in 2305 so most of what you found will apply to us also. Hope the smell is not much of a problem because my DW does have a super sniffer. Really looking forward to the reviews of the ports of call also. Thanks for taking the time to add the pictures.

I hope you enjoy it! Like I said, it was an inconvenience since we love the balcony, but I would do it again, considering we paid under $100 per person per day for the cruise (3 in the cabin). When it got too bad, we went to Ocean Plaza, which is also a fun place to hang out.

Enjoy planning your cruise! :)

Tandoor is by far the best food on the ship, authentic, consistent and delicious! We ate near Tandoor grill several times and there were always empty tables, much less crowded back there.

Thanks for the great review. Considering a cruise on Magic this Fall. Dh will be thrilled to see Tandoor. I told him there wasn't one. Oops.

Thanks for reading along. We were very happy that Magic had Tandoor! We also love the Blue Iguana for breakfast. The ship does offer many options. :)

Thanks so much for posting this review! We will be taking this same cruise in August 2017 (same ports, same ship) so I'm really enjoying it so far!

We will be traveling with twin boys the same age as your son (will be 13 when we cruise this summer), so please let us know what activities your son really enjoyed!

You are welcome! I almost skipped this review, but decided it is worth the time to be able to look back on these memories for years to come. :)

I had to check the Fun Times for the second elegent night, as I did not remember... it was on Thursday - the sea day between Aruba and Grand Turk.

We booked about a 1 1/2 years out and at that time there was like $100.00 difference. The closer it got to cruising time the price had risen so much my brother didn't even book a room.

Same here. Those early prices were great, but I did not think to chck the spa abin prices. They ended up in an oceanview forward on the same deck as us. My mom loves the portholes, so they liked what they got for the price they paid. :)

Thanks so much for posting this review! We will be taking this same cruise in August 2017 (same ports, same ship) so I'm really enjoying it so far!

We will be traveling with twin boys the same age as your son (will be 13 when we cruise this summer), so please let us know what activities your son really enjoyed!

You are welcome! Our son does not participate in the programs, but he liked the Waterworks and the Ropes course. I do have a few pictures of the teen areas.

On to the review...

After lunch, my mom and I did the spa tour. It was fun to do with her, but we did not get anything at the raffle. Later during the week, my mom got a $25 gift card. A day or two later, DH (who did not participate in the spa tour) got a gift card for $50. The nice thing is that we were allowed to use it on products, not just services. So, we bought a couple of products - I did not even have to spend a penny [emoji846]

Spa gift card:

e698028a9ceb577c7d8a550151ecddf8.jpg

Spa tour:

63d347a1ce49415ff36f0a35767cea27.jpg

375548a4c0f3778183225530203c74fe.jpg

2bd5ee4ee433e1d86706c4f7fa539f7a.jpg

afa032c9020bdf9a84000f70548d367c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Carnival Hub app is a GREAT feature! (It worked most of the time) Remember to download it before you leave home. It will not work until you board the ship, but there are many features you can use without paying for internet. This included the daily schedule and open times of venues on the ship. I took a few screen shots. Also, you could see your onboard account (spending) on the app. Carnival no longer prints out a copy of your spending, so a screen shot of your account is a great way to know what your final bill will be. Alternately, you can use a kiosk to print your bill, or go to guest services to get a hard copy. The kiosks did not work well - the screens are getting old and they do not recognize touch well.

Here is one of the kiosks (left in the picture):

5d51f7abfb6e9238a55fc727e65ecb1b.jpg

Carnival hub app screen shots: You can tap on the stars to the left of the activity to add it to your favorites.

a027cc865bea7445fee67ab73d1d3439.jpg

f19f7853dfaab9206688e385a7757c84.jpg

743ee065c856da5037b21ac633db32ed.jpg

239712858dea569ab14ed439829440ce.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
tips

I like seeing the spa as I will be having a massage on the first today on the magic soon

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoy! The last picture is a lovely waiting room where you can enjoy something to drink while you wait for your appointment. It has a nice view forward of the ocean. :)

After we explored the spa, we went to the main dining room to see if our table request had been honored. We got a table in Northern Lights in a great location. If I remember right, this was also our muster station location. The muster drill was very comfortable (sitting inside with air conditioning) and Dr.E was hilarious. Of course, DH and I were the only ones laughing at his corny jokes and excellent voice changes. :D I guess we inadvertently landed in the "glass half empty" section.

Apparently, I forgot to take food pictures on day 1. So, I will end this day with a final look at our sunset:

d07b6763d9fd82158b4a76130751b4c5.jpg

You are welcome! I almost skipped this review, but decided it is worth the time to be able to look back on these memories for years to come. :)

I had to check the Fun Times for the second elegent night, as I did not remember... it was on Thursday - the sea day between Aruba and Grand Turk.

Oh no, that's what I was afraid of. That's the day of his birthday that we were planning on going to the Steakhouse. Oh well, not the end of the world. Thanks for checking for me! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

My view: Day 2: A fun day at sea

fbd5d05645643280169f0eb851a7824e.jpg

So, it is a sea day aka a balcony day for us. I spotted flying fish all by myself for the first time. Usually, DH has to spot them for me, but this close to the water it was no problem!

In case you missed it, we LOVE the breakfast at Blue Iguana. They have excellent Huevos Rancheros and Arepas! This became our daily tradition, except for the last morning, when we always enjoy breakfast in the main dining room.

We make a point of attending the cooking demonstration on Carnival cruises. Unfortunately, word got out and it was quite packed by the time we got there. My dad and I got great seats at the bar, though, which afforded us a better view of the chef. It was not the most comfortable, but the view made up for it.

Every dish in the demonstration was excellent... from the salad to mushroom cappuccino, to mac&cheese with chicken, and tiramisu dessert to top it off. We do not typically splurge on paid restaurants on the ships, but some day I will have to try the full experience in the steakhouse.

Tip: Don't miss this free cooking demonstration. Get there at least 20-30 minutes early. They even give you a few recipes!

4c96877fd2b9b70b7df57136752fa00d.jpg

dcc51bee5c2b1c1cbf355521327b965b.jpg

ff7c42fd872564e6b2bc8547da9a13bb.jpg

b6d2a9f60bc3689a66f1dbfd72bc88f8.jpg

b409d8f625e16227859656053446208a.jpg

Edited by APDMOM