Guaranteed Grande Suite? (anthem)

J3RZG1RL

I booked a guaranteed GS, there are only 2 suites available on my date, a crown loft and a junior suite.....so I'm just curious if there are no grand suites available would I get bumped up? Does the cruise line hold rooms when they offer a GS.

What is the latest date I would get a cabin assigned?

Thanks.

I booked a guaranteed GS, there are only 2 suites available on my date, a crown loft and a junior suite.....so I'm just curious if there are no grand suites available would I get bumped up? Does the cruise line hold rooms when they offer a GS.

What is the latest date I would get a cabin assigned?

Thanks.

You will get a minimum of a GS. You may not find out until you get to the pier. What you think is showing as available may not be the entire picture.

Can you clarify the specific guarantee category that you booked? Is it "W" or something else?
I was wondering the same thing. I'm familiar with "W", which is JS or better. I wasn't aware that there was a GS guarantee (not saying it isn't so, but I've never noticed it).

I was wondering the same thing. I'm familiar with "W", which is JS or better. I wasn't aware that there was a GS guarantee (not saying it isn't so, but I've never noticed it).

NO it is not W - that is a guaranteed Junior Suite. Its GS - Guaranteed Grand Suite. If you search cruise critic there are actually other posts on this, I did that after I posted this, thanks.

NO it is not W - that is a guaranteed Junior Suite. Its GS - Guaranteed Grand Suite. If you search cruise critic there are actually other posts on this, I did that after I posted this, thanks.

Well, there you go! You'll get at least a GS (no worry for the JS), but as Bob indicated, there may be other cabins available that you can't see. Just for kicks, check your sailing separately for 2, 3, and 4 guests and you may see other suites available you're not seeing now. Suites for 5 or more may be available also and they wouldn't show anyways if not open to 4 or less.

Can't imagine things going terribly wrong with a GS guarantee - good luck and let us know how it turns out for you!

By the way, what is your sailing date?

John

Well, there you go! You'll get at least a GS (no worry for the JS), but as Bob indicated, there may be other cabins available that you can't see. Just for kicks, check your sailing separately for 2, 3, and 4 guests and you may see other suites available you're not seeing now. Suites for 5 or more may be available also and they wouldn't show anyways if not open to 4 or less.

Can't imagine things going terribly wrong with a GS guarantee - good luck and let us know how it turns out for you!

By the way, what is your sailing date?

John

This anthem cruise is October 12, 2017. Thanks! Actually that is how I found the guarantee GS, I was looking for 2 rooms and it showed up, when I searched for 1 room it was not available, so I called and they told me that the GS was only allowed to have 2 people, so they called someone and had it adjusted for 2 adults and a baby :) and that is how I got it!! I will look in a mock booking! The one post I read said the women got a RFS on the Liberty. I am hoping for a loft suite although I am totally OK with a grand suite which is what I have in March on Anthem!! Thanks!

Always a good day when I learn something - thanks for the info!

(BTW I figured it must be true since Bob had responded without questioning it:p, but thanks for the confirmation.)

Upgrades are rare so don't get your hopes up.

Odd that they said GS was only allowed for 2 people. We book it for 3 all the time (have Anthem GS booked for 3 in March). I wonder if that's an inventory thing trying to push you to another cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the site shows NO GS, you may still get a GS assigned. In our experiences, it seems RCCL will upgrade (in your case) someone in a GS and put you in the vacated GS.

We do many guarantees, and that seems to be the case, especially if the assignment is close to sail date. For most all of our guarantees we get the category guaranteed (Balcony, JS etc), and none better. We book a guarantee if the price between the guarantee and a selected cabin (in the category we want) is significant. We don't book the guarantee with hopes of an upgrade.

As stated in a previous post, upgrades are rare these days, so if you are happy to have the GS ( and who wouldn't) then you will be pleased.

enjoy the cruise

M

Edited by cruisegirl1