Hotel suggestion in Rome

Welland

To cruisemom42 and others,

What are some of your recommendations for being close to Termini? We have found a quad room at the Canada BW Hotel, so that is appealing. We have no trouble walking long distances--last year we walked from the Vatican to the Colosseum (and many areas in between!) Thank you!

To cruisemom42 and others,

What are some of your recommendations for being close to Termini? We have found a quad room at the Canada BW Hotel, so that is appealing. We have no trouble walking long distances--last year we walked from the Vatican to the Colosseum (and many areas in between!) Thank you!

We booked Dharma Hotels after hours of research. I did not want to break the bank for the one last night, but I'm also picky. You can check it out too if you want. People are writing some great reviews and it's within 10-20 mins to most things. The restaurant next door sounds good too. I realize it's a few floors in a building that is not entirely the hotel - but you find that a lot in the Termini area. There is someone at the front desk 24 hours - which is not always the case. I found it's almost always cheaper to book directly on the hotel websites. I hope I can come back and write a raving review :) ~Joyce

• 1 month later...
We booked Dharma Hotels after hours of research. I did not want to break the bank for the one last night, but I'm also picky. You can check it out too if you want. People are writing some great reviews and it's within 10-20 mins to most things. The restaurant next door sounds good too. I realize it's a few floors in a building that is not entirely the hotel - but you find that a lot in the Termini area. There is someone at the front desk 24 hours - which is not always the case. I found it's almost always cheaper to book directly on the hotel websites. I hope I can come back and write a raving review :) ~Joyce

Just returned from our trip to Rome - and spent one night in Dharma Hotel. Very close access to Termini and some nice restaurants nearby. I would not hesitate to stay here again - just in case anyone else is looking for a hotel with easy Termini Station access. The early morning walk to the station was very easy - light traffic and very few vagrants to be seen. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff are great. Book directly on their website for the best pricing. Enjoy!

SaveSave

Just returned from our trip to Rome - and spent one night in Dharma Hotel. Very close access to Termini and some nice restaurants nearby. I would not hesitate to stay here again - just in case anyone else is looking for a hotel with easy Termini Station access. The early morning walk to the station was very easy - light traffic and very few vagrants to be seen. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff are great. Book directly on their website for the best pricing. Enjoy!

SaveSave

Thanks for coming back and posting your experience. It's always good to know of a few options in Termini area to recommend, for those with specific circumstances like yours.

I can recommend one hotel in Rome with walking distance to attractions:

Hotel Ponte Sisto.

Good value. Lovely place to stay if your plan is to explore old Rome. Walkable to everything! The breakfast was served in a beautiful backyard. Negative: Very slow Wi-Fi. Breakfast could have some more options to choose from. Going back to Hotel Ponte Sisto 16 days from today:)

SaveSave

Did you also stay at the airbnb apartment "Casanova"?

Did you also stay at the airbnb apartment "Casanova"?

I should give a brief review - even though it was not a hotel. The Airbnb "Casanova" in Rome was a very clean and comfortable place to stay. It has close access to Trastevere train station and the red metro line. The host is extremely helpful and such a nice person. Some breakfast items were provided as well as a washing machine. It is placed in a neighborhood so the restaurant prices seemed a bit lower - not a touristy area - but we still felt safe. Small markets close by as well. If you are a walker you can walk into town. We average 6-7 miles walking daily and we used the metro frequently. I would consider staying at "Casanova" again. It is set up well for 4+ people.

I should give a brief review - even though it was not a hotel. The Airbnb "Casanova" in Rome was a very clean and comfortable place to stay. It has close access to Trastevere train station and the red metro line. The host is extremely helpful and such a nice person. Some breakfast items were provided as well as a washing machine. It is placed in a neighborhood so the restaurant prices seemed a bit lower - not a touristy area - but we still felt safe. Small markets close by as well. If you are a walker you can walk into town. We average 6-7 miles walking daily and we used the metro frequently. I would consider staying at "Casanova" again. It is set up well for 4+ people.

Thank you!