Wine/drinks package

Daisysgrandma

Here is that new menu for anyone wanting to know their options. It won't compete with a reputable whiskey bar landside-- or I suspect, Mr. Thrak's home shelf--but some good solid everyday pours, and a couple aspirational ones.

https://www.princess.com/images/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/speciality-dining/the-salty-dog/whiskey-menu.pdf

On the contrary, there are some quite respectable whiskeys there! (Not the Cutty...) Some of these are available in the main bars but, since this is a Salty Dog menu, they seem to have an upgraded listing. Sadly, the higher end pleasures listed don't fit within the constraints of the AIBP. :D Most of the high end items I sample come from my son's shelf. He has far more disposable income than I. He has ruined me by introducing me to quite a few high dollar whiskeys that I simply can't afford to keep around. Redbreast 21 is great but I simply won't pay $249 for a bottle.

My displeasure with the room service liquor focuses mostly on the lack of a good scotch or bourbon. (Jack is technically a Tennessee Whiskey even if it is essentially the same as a bourbon.) That leaves Jim Beam. I can drink it but, like the scotch offered, it is best mixed. I prefer my scotch and bourbon neat although sometimes a smidge of ice can bring out the more complex flavors in a good scotch.

Sorry I sounded like such a snob. I'm not really. You would gag if I told you some of the stuff I used to drink in my youth. :rolleyes: I don't normally drink high end onboard. I'll drink a few of the 12 year old single malt varieties and my "everyday" bourbon is Bulleit. I also like Rye which was shunned by many for years but seems to be making a comeback. Kind of a bummer really as the new found popularity is driving up the price.

Edited by Thrak

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I don't drink whiskey, bourbon, beer, or other sprits on their own. But I do drink mixed cocktails. Was wondering the price of cocktails only for 2016-2017 prices in aus $ . I was told Golden Princess charges in Australian $$

Sorry, I should have mentioned, I don't drink whiskey, bourbon, beer, or other sprits on their own. But I do drink mixed cocktails. Was wondering the price of cocktails only for 2016-2017 prices in aus $ . I was told Golden Princess charges in Australian $$

Almost any cocktail you can ask for onboard is included under the AIBP which means it's under $10 US or the equivalent in AUD which, according to Google, stands at 13.39 AUD as of right now.

Can you just clarify.....can I order a bottle of Vodka for the cabin once on the ship? Do I order this through Room Service? If not, how. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh, yes you can. Pick up the phone and order, room service. It be to your cabin within ten minutes or less. Nothing to it.

Don't be confused by the rhetoric here, you might have a problem if you order 75 year old Scotch, LOL.

Going on Majestic Princess 16 June 2017 to Asia. Both Cruise Critic and Princess say you only need to purchase one package not for both people in cabin. For 3 weeks it is a hefty bill - even for one. Can two people share the drinks? Is there a daily limit? We drink different things generally. Hope someone can help.

There are two different packages that you might be asking about. I am not sure which one of the two you want answers for,

The first is the All Inclusive Beverage Package (AIBP) which others have done an excellent job of explaining in above posts.

The second is a wine package which allows you to purchase a number of bottles of wine for onboard consumption. This is not offered on all sailings. If you do purchase this option, you can share the wine in the bottles with any adult you wish. If you do not consume all of the bottles, then you can take home with ones you did not use.

From Princess Room Service Menu (Apologies for the formatting)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Champagne & Wines

Champagne Dom Perignon (France)

Item #2011

$205.85

Nicolas Feuillate (France)

Item #2154

$69.00

Veuve Clicquot (France)

Item #2016

$102.35

Sparkling

50th Anniversary Prosecco Villa Sandi (375ml)

Item #2410

$20.13

50th Anniversary Prosecco (750ml)

Item #2411

$40.25

Korbel, Brut (California)

Item #2015

$32.20

Martini & Rossi, Asti Spumante (Italy)

Item #2014

$32.20

Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Cider

Item #0527

$12.65

Reisling

Deinhard (Germany)

Item #2160

$32.20

Sauvignon Blanc

Blackstone (California)

Item #2018

$32.20

Domaine Mollet-Maudry Pouilly Fume (France)

Item #2017

$40.25

Nobilo (New Zealand)

Item #2019

$39.10

Puerto Viejo (Chile)

Item #2161

$30.35

Pinot Grigio

Estancia (California)

Item #2158

$36.80

Danzante (Le Venezie, Italy)

Item #2158

$36.80

Chardonnay

Robert Mondavi (375 ml Bottle)(California)

Item #2021

$18.40

Robert Mondavi Private Selection (California)

Item #2155

$36.80

Seigneurie de Tanlay Chablis (France)

Item #2022

$41.40

Simi (Russian River, California)

Item #2156

$48.30

Rose/Blush

Les Fumees Blanches Rose (France)

Item #2030

$34.50

Woodbridge (California)

Item #2111

$32.20

Pinot Noir

Estancia Pinnacles Ranches (Monterey, California)

Item #2159

$39.10

Wild Horse (California)

Item #2023

$46.00

Merlot

Hogue (Washington)

Item #2024

$33.35

Oberon (Napa Valley, California)

Item #2157

$46.00

Cabernet Sauvignon

Deakin Estate (Australia)

Item #2027

$36.80

Errazuriz (Chile)

Item #2026

$33.35

Pine Ridge (Napa Valley)

Item #2028

$90.85

Robert Mondavi (375ml) (California)

Item #2025

$18.40

Simi Landslide (Alexander Valley California)

Item #2153

$55.20

Shiraz

McPherson (SE Australia)

Item #2162

$39.10

Zinfandel

Seghesio (California)

Item #2029

$44.85

Sextant (Central Coast, California)

Item #2163

$39.10

c

Spirits

Cognac

Courvoisier VSOP 350ml bottle

Item #2345

$32.20

Bourbon

Jim Beam 375ml bottle

Item #2335

$17.25

Crown Royal 375ml bottle

Item #2333

$23.00

Jack Daniel's 375ml bottle

Item #2334

$27.60

Scotch

Cutty Sark (375ml bottle)

Item #2341

$17.25

Johnnie Walker Red Label 375ml bottle

Item #2340

$25.30

Vodka

Skyy 375ml bottle

Item #2353

$17.25

Absolut 375ml bottle

Item #2352

$20.70

Rum

Bacardi White 375ml bottle

Item #2359

$17.25

Cruzan Coconut Rum 375ml bottle

Item #2360

$17.25

Gin

Gordon's 375ml bottle

Item #2367

$17.25

Bombay Sapphire 375ml bottle

Item #2366

$23.00

Does any one have a recent 2016 cocktail list AND PRICES for each ? Not sure to buy the deal or pay as you go. Seems not many drink cocktails on recent cruises. Are all cocktails under the limit of $15.00 Aus. But I do, so would just like to know in advance. 1st cruise ever and I am a solo cruiser in Feb . Thanks in advance

There are just a few over the AU $14 limit - the Isaac (Love Boat) ones from memory. All the rest are $13.95 or less. Many martinis are around $11. The lists are quite extensive, and they'll also make ones that aren't on the lists if they know them or if you have the recipe - I have a couple of cocktail recipe books on my Kindle so I can look up what they contain if there isn't a detailed description on the menu. We love our cruise cocktails. :D

That is just the menu for the whiskies and whiskeys at the Salty Dog. Most typical cocktails are $8.95.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh my goodness, thank you for clarifying this!

I like that Princess has added the whiskey bar, but oh, if I had thought that was representative of all the drink prices, I'd have to start drinking water. ;)

Sorry I sounded like such a snob. I'm not really.

Didn't take it that way on my end. Just read you as a man with strong opinions about his whisk(e)y. And if we should ever happen to be in the vicinity of the Salty Dog at the same time, well, I think we should split that handle of Johnny Walker Blue ;)

But seriously, at the price, I think I'd rather drink all 15 pours of the Talisker 25 yr bottle-- I'd come out ahead, and I think it's the better drink.

Didn't take it that way on my end. Just read you as a man with strong opinions about his whisk(e)y. And if we should ever happen to be in the vicinity of the Salty Dog at the same time, well, I think we should split that handle of Johnny Walker Blue ;)

But seriously, at the price, I think I'd rather drink all 15 pours of the Talisker 25 yr bottle-- I'd come out ahead, and I think it's the better drink.

Agreed!

The Blue is nice even though it is a blend. It is really quite tasty. Talisker has much more character. :D