Liberty...indoor movies?

Numer3

Thank you, Clarea! I'm so glad to hear this. I hadn't seen anything mentioned about it before. We are looking for some of the quieter low key activities and this is perfect!

Thanks[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are movies shown anywhere besides at the pool? If so, where?

Thanks!

Yes, I was on Liberty last April. We saw Kung Fu Panda (or something like that) in 3D in the main theater. My granddaughter watched, I think I think I nodded off for a while.

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our cruise. We never saw any movies listed in the cruise compass to be shown indoors. Many on the outside screen by the pool. We would have liked the option for something like a movie. The last sea day had us really searching for activities. For our group, more lectures would have been nice. Would love a "behind the scenes, life of the crew" type lecture. The cooking demonstration cost extra, or that would have been nice. A galley tour also cost extra. We did enjoy an art lecture. It was his first lecture and his enthusiasm made all the difference.

Just returned from our cruise. We never saw any movies listed in the cruise compass to be shown indoors. Many on the outside screen by the pool. We would have liked the option for something like a movie. The last sea day had us really searching for activities. For our group, more lectures would have been nice. Would love a "behind the scenes, life of the crew" type lecture. The cooking demonstration cost extra, or that would have been nice. A galley tour also cost extra. We did enjoy an art lecture. It was his first lecture and his enthusiasm made all the difference.

the behind the scenes is possible.. the full $150 tour brings you down into crew areas. and one of the Captain's Calls they go through what each department has done over the past week.

but if you want cultural enrichment , you need to choose a different cruise line or a different itinerary . River cruises tend to be very good at this. and Alaska cruises tend to have docents on board.

At least on the larger ships they will have movies in the Main Theater several afternoons. Often (usually?, always?) Dreamworks animated 3-D. This is the only venue RCI has that shows 3-D. RCI has a tie with Dreamworks - not sure of all of the details. I'm pretty sure that I saw one of animated movies before it had been released in theaters! In response to a question about moving movies from outdoors to the Theater during stormy weather, a CD said that contracts specified where movies could be shown (CCTV, outside OR in the Theater).

Just returned from our cruise. We never saw any movies listed in the cruise compass to be shown indoors. Many on the outside screen by the pool.

I had the same experience on our February cruise. No indoor movies listed in the cruise compass. I have them all posted. Only thing shown in the indoor theater that I can recall, was the Superbowl.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2459529