Pool & slides on Breakaway

travel33

Was wondering if the pool on the breakaway was salt water?

Also, do the slides typically have long lines? We will be going June 11th.

We were on the Carnival magic last June, and there were never really long lines for the slides, and the ship size wasn't too far off the Breakaway.

This will be our first cruise on Norwegian.

Thanks in advance!

Never had a wait for the slides. After dragging my old butt up all those steps I would have loved a small line to catch my breath. :D

That's too funny :p

Unfortunately, I fear that will be me as well, as my 14 year old son will be racing me to the top :D

We are pretty sure the Breakaway was very chlorinated (but I can't be totally sure, so I am of no real help!)

The line moved very quickly for the slide with the 3-2-1 countdown, and I actually let younger kids fly past me on the steps...this 30 something girl was in not so much of a rush. After the slide, I got really confused about how to exit the slide so get your bearings before you end up heading back up the stairs for a repeat!

The hours were somewhat limited on our March sailing, it was only open for 2 hours once or twice a day. FYI- they don't allow any metal, leave your wedding ring in the room!

if you wear glasses the guy tells you to hold them in your hand. but that seems crazy to me. i saw one woman going down with them on.

i never had any lines more than 5 minutes or so. those 76 steps to the top of BA are good exercise and you make a lot of friends