Breakaway raw bar seafood plateau

Frogdogpal

Have been looking at the menus for our upcoming Breakaway cruise. The seafood plateau looks wonderful. Is it ocean blue or raw bar? Have found it in both menus on various sites. Is it included in the specialty dining package. And is there an additional charge for it. It looks very pricey on the menus I have seen. Again, thank you for any help you can give.

On top of that it is $35.00 pp and $70.00 per couple. That is like 3x what i spend at the raw bar at my local 4 star seafood restaurant in NJ.

Not sure what you mean by this. If you order it at the Raw Bar, the pp upcharge is waived, so you would just pay the price of the plateau, which is high I know, but it is less than we recently paid for the same thing in Atlantic City.....

Not sure what you mean by this. If you order it at the Raw Bar, the pp upcharge is waived, so you would just pay the price of the plateau, which is high I know, but it is less than we recently paid for the same thing in Atlantic City.....

Atlantic city is rip off capital of the east coast. Go to the Jersey shore and you get fresh caught local shellfish. That seafood plateau would only cost about $25.00

Just wanted to clarify.

The Seafood Plateau is at the Raw Bar.

The Seafood Extravaganza is at Ocean Blue.

They are 2 totally different dishes.

I have photos of both that I will be posting in my upcoming review.

If you order the Seafood Extravaganza in Ocean Blue they will advise you not to use your SDP (if you have it) and to pay the a la carte prices. That's what we did. We had 5 of us in our party and I think 4 of us had the extravaganza plus lots of apps and the bill was only $200.

Just wanted to clarify.

The Seafood Plateau is at the Raw Bar.

The Seafood Extravaganza is at Ocean Blue.

They are 2 totally different dishes.

I have photos of both that I will be posting in my upcoming review.

If you order the Seafood Extravaganza in Ocean Blue they will advise you not to use your SDP (if you have it) and to pay the a la carte prices. That's what we did. We had 5 of us in our party and I think 4 of us had the extravaganza plus lots of apps and the bill was only $200.

Oh yikes. Now I really am confused. Hopefully your review and photos will clear it up for me. And I just want to tell you, I love your reviews and photos. Looking forward to your new one.

Oh yikes. Now I really am confused. Hopefully your review and photos will clear it up for me. And I just want to tell you, I love your reviews and photos. Looking forward to your new one.

Thanks so much! I just started it.

I only have the first few days of pictures uploaded so far, but we went to the Raw Bar on the first night.

This is the Seafood Plateau (lobster, prawns, oysters, clams, and black bass ceviche.

20170102_184634_zpskko8l2m7.jpg

20170102_184648_zps3tfiz5zz.jpg

20170102_184657_zpspaim1a3x.jpg

I have pictures of the Seafood Extravaganza but we didn't go to Ocean Blue until January 10th (night 9) and I haven't gotten those pictures ready.

20170102_181542_zpsmvoxli1k.jpg

Just to clarify, the upcharges for these venues are waived if you order either of these dishes. The Terms and Conditions also state that "if the upcharge option is chosen", the meal will count against your SDP. If you choose to simply pay for the dish and have the upcharge waived, then you keep your SDP credit to use another night. At least, that's how I interpret it.