Golden Princess stuck in Port Chalmers tonight? - 22th Jan 2017

Actually you have to be careful what you wish for with the NZ weather gods. Some years ago we were doing a land trip around the South Island, in March. We did a day trip on the TranzAlpine and I was grumbling that the mountains didn't look as good without snow on them. Next day in Christchurch the temps never got above 9C, with heavy rain. Brrrr! The day after that we headed off to Mt Cook - with glorious fresh snow all over the mountains. I certainly got what I wished for and it was definitely worth the one freezing day in Christchurch - actually we went to the Antarctic Centre that day so it didn't matter.

LOl, at least you know you are one good terms with all the gods.;)

I was on the Golden Princess at Christmas and cruised around New Zealand.

The cruise before mine the Golden Princess missed Akaroa, Port Chalmers, cruising the sounds plus Milford Sound, but they did go to Picton as an extra Port.

On my cruise we missed Wellington, cruising the sounds and Milford Sound.

We had booked an aft balcony cabin to sit there going through the sounds. We could not use our balcony for the final three days of the cruise due to the fog and mist/showers.

To our surprise, the day before we arrived back in Melbourne, every passenger received a 20% credit of what we paid for our cruise off our next Princess cruise.

Kim

I was on the Radiance cruise to NZ on 6 Jan, and we were advised by the captain that we very nearly missed Wellington. Apparently at the entrance to the channel, the winds were 60kts. The decision was made to enter and we had a very Windy-Wellington day.

It's been the only time I've ever experienced a ship moving at the pier, and repeatedly hitting the side of the dock. Dashed across the gangway like it was nobodies business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the Golden Princess at Christmas and cruised around New Zealand.

The cruise before mine the Golden Princess missed Akaroa, Port Chalmers, cruising the sounds plus Milford Sound, but they did go to Picton as an extra Port.

On my cruise we missed Wellington, cruising the sounds and Milford Sound.

We had booked an aft balcony cabin to sit there going through the sounds. We could not use our balcony for the final three days of the cruise due to the fog and mist/showers.

To our surprise, the day before we arrived back in Melbourne, every passenger received a 20% credit of what we paid for our cruise off our next Princess cruise.

Kim

Good on Princess for providing some good will (money back) and that will stop a lot of complaints and keep people coming back.

Good on Princess for providing some good will (money back) and that will stop a lot of complaints and keep people coming back.

I thought it was wonderful of Princess to give us the 20% credit. Passengers still complained about the 20%, because it meant they would have to go on another cruise that they probably already hated going on.

Kim

I thought it was wonderful of Princess to give us the 20% credit. Passengers still complained about the 20%, because it meant they would have to go on another cruise that they probably already hated going on.

Kim

We all know that some people can never be pleased. We are better off not cruising with those kind of people.

Edited by MicCanberra

• 1 month later...

Still not having the best of luck with the NZ weather.

Just coming into AKL harbour now at 6 pm.

I think they were due in at 10 am.

I assume they had to slow down / alter course across the Tasman with the high sea state in the last few days.

Still not having the best of luck with the NZ weather.

Just coming into AKL harbour now at 6 pm.

I think they were due in at 10 am.

I assume they had to slow down / alter course across the Tasman with the high sea state in the last few days.

Heres the grab from the Queens Wharf cam of her coming in with Costa Luminosa at the wharf.

5kkmd0.jpg