Filtered water bottle - personal purification bottles

rajju077

I have seen it many times in Alaska, the Med, and only once or twice in the Caribbean. Twist my words any way you want. I said nothing about testing.

I've read some of your other posts today. I understand you have this overwhelming need to be right. You must be having a bad day. I hope things get better for you today.

My last post on this subject. Correct away!

Sorry you took it that way. You mentioned Flint, and that made me think of what standards might be in place. I was looking for Chengkp75 input because I was interested, not some attempt to take a shot at you. My wishing that you have a great day was sincere.

We always bring refillable water bottles with filters when we cruise. While many do not mind the taste of ship water, I personally don't find it enjoyable. For those of us who are a little more sensitive, I have found that the taste of water varies from venue to venue on any given ship. I once asked why the water in Cafe Promenade tasted so much better than the Wipe Out Cafe and was told they had "a fresh filter". I am going to guess that the bars always have fresh filters! At any rate, if you don't like the taste in one location, try another.

Apart from the bars, Cafe Promenade and Windjammer Cafe are my 'go to' refill locations as they always have filled glasses of water and ice available. I would also strongly suggest that you bring a small funnel to make it easier to pour water and ice from the glasses into your bottle. As many mentioned, you cannot simply pour from a tap into your bottle for hygiene reasons. I have cut down a small orange juice bottle to make a funnel that perfectly fits and easily lets the ice into my KOR Nava bottle, incidentally a choice I would highly recommend.

Thanks!

As a matter of curiosity, would a typical Caribbean cruise out of the US (not San Juan) ever need to take on water at any of the islands?

Typically not. There is usually enough sea time, and given the typical pressure available in Florida or Gulf ports (US) to load enough water in the US. Also, many of the islands do not allow cruise ships to load the large quantities they want because of the island's supply and pressure restrictions. Even if they did take water in the islands, the water would have to have been tested and certified to USPH standards before it could be loaded.

I have always found the ship water to be fine. I do prefer cold water so ice is important for me.

I used to bring a small funnel to help refill a regular water bottle by pouring from glasses of ice water. I now have Tervis water bottles and they are wonderful!

Go to the buffet or cafe prominade, etc. and fill a glass with ice. Pour the ice from the cup into the Tervis. Fill the glass with water and pour water from the glass into the Tervis.

Just so long as you are not attempting to refill directly from the tap you are fine.

We always bring refillable water bottles with filters when we cruise. While many do not mind the taste of ship water, I personally don't find it enjoyable. For those of us who are a little more sensitive, I have found that the taste of water varies from venue to venue on any given ship. I once asked why the water in Cafe Promenade tasted so much better than the Wipe Out Cafe and was told they had "a fresh filter". I am going to guess that the bars always have fresh filters! At any rate, if you don't like the taste in one location, try another.

Apart from the bars, Cafe Promenade and Windjammer Cafe are my 'go to' refill locations as they always have filled glasses of water and ice available. I would also strongly suggest that you bring a small funnel to make it easier to pour water and ice from the glasses into your bottle. As many mentioned, you cannot simply pour from a tap into your bottle for hygiene reasons. I have cut down a small orange juice bottle to make a funnel that perfectly fits and easily lets the ice into my KOR Nava bottle, incidentally a choice I would highly recommend.

Thank you for your suggestion

I have always found the ship water to be fine. I do prefer cold water so ice is important for me.

I used to bring a small funnel to help refill a regular water bottle by pouring from glasses of ice water. I now have Tervis water bottles and they are wonderful!

Go to the buffet or cafe prominade, etc. and fill a glass with ice. Pour the ice from the cup into the Tervis. Fill the glass with water and pour water from the glass into the Tervis.

Just so long as you are not attempting to refill directly from the tap you are fine.

Got it, no direct filling from the tap

I also bring Snapple peach tea and Arizona pomegranate green tea sticks to add to our water. Less expensive than a flavored drink on the ship and covers the varying tastes. I also have them remove the drinks from our fridge so we have room for our drink bottles in the fridge in the cabin.

I also bring Snapple peach tea and Arizona pomegranate green tea sticks to add to our water. Less expensive than a flavored drink on the ship and covers the varying tastes. I also have them remove the drinks from our fridge so we have room for our drink bottles in the fridge in the cabin.

Wonderful ideas. I usually use Mio, but I am not sure if I will be able to carry Mio or other drink sticks since I am taking a carry on, it might just add on to the weight.