Norwegian EPIC - 7 night Western Caribbean, Embarkation Jan 14, 2017

ggTexasGal

Thank you for this information. Someone had mentioned that the port and starboard sides had different colors, but I couldn't get an answer on which color for which side. Thanks again! :)

Also, the numbers above the elevators are different colors. Port side elevators have orange numbers and the starboard side elevators have blue numbers.

Just to clarify, Margaritaville is up and running on GSC? I read Summer of 2017. That would be nice for our trip next month.

I'm sorry to say that I honestly can NOT answer that. I had written Margaritaville down in my pre-cruise notes, and forgot to verify! Anybody able to verify?

Also, the numbers above the elevators are different colors. Port side elevators have orange numbers and the starboard side elevators have blue numbers.

Thank you Lisa! That is helpful to many others!!!

I seriously paid very little attention to the elevators, since I was on a quest to walk the stairs as much as possible. Sometimes DH would "cheat", but he's 5 1/2 years older than I am.

Your review is so informative with many helpful hints. Wish I had read it before we boarded the ship. It took me 3 days before I figured out the color code system for the elevators and carpeting.

I wanted to share with you (and others) the experience we had in Ocho Rios. We, too, were on a mission to go to Turtle River Falls and planned to walk there. After wandering up and down Main Street for a while, we realized our Google map was of no help. We began asking police officers who were quite visible and plentiful. After the 4th person was unable to help, we began approaching cab drivers.

The first driver had no idea, the 2nd told us it was a 20 minute drive (we knew better!) and quoted us $40, and the 3rd knew exactly where we wanted to go and took us there for $5/each. He drove us in past the guard gate and located an employee who collected $20/each and gave us wrist bands.

The admission fee included a tour (about 90 minutes) which was quite informative. After that, we relaxed by the pool and then walked back to the ship which took about 15 minutes - a straight shot down the hill.

We have been to Ocho Rios several times before and have seen all the touristy stuff; therefore, we were very happy with our day. We were there in the afternoon. Did you go in the morning? I wonder if we were there together...............

I am not sure why there is so much confusion and misinformation about directions and transportation. TRF used to be called The Enchanted Gardens, but no one seemed to know about that either.

I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise. We did, too. We boarded with so much apprehension (due to negative reviews), but it was a wonderful week with a dear crew.

SolidGoldCruiser, Thank you and I agree with so much of what you posted. It sounds like our walking plans were quite similar regarding Google Maps. We never got wrist bands, and I know there are places (like the pool) we never saw. You did it the right way... we got way-laid!

Still, it was great in so many ways, and as you said, fairly easy to walk back down. (We went in the morning.)

We boarded with those same apprehensions, but the cruise, over-all, was very good for us, and we are very grateful for the weather we had during the week!

Thank you for this information. Someone had mentioned that the port and starboard sides had different colors, but I couldn't get an answer on which color for which side. Thanks again! :)

I truly found the Orange or Blue to be quite helpful when I got moving along and didn't really pay attention otherwise. The other helpful thing for me was the sign for "Medical" on deck 10... sure sign I had almost reached my destination!

Just off the same Epic sailing, and the New Years cruise on the Pearl. 21 NCL cruises and our first time on the Epic - beautiful fancy ship. Loved everything!! Priscilla and Burn the floor were phenomenal. Staff was fantastic. Very enjoyable cruise. Great review.

Safe sailing

Thank you!

DH and I are glad we missed the previous cruise. That would NOT have enhanced our experience. That info also explains the multiple phone calls from NCL about arriving at the port later on January 14. Since I saw the EPIC at 5ish AM in port, we went ahead with our scheduled shuttle time.

Thank you Lisa! That is helpful to many others!!!

I seriously paid very little attention to the elevators, since I was on a quest to walk the stairs as much as possible. Sometimes DH would "cheat", but he's 5 1/2 years older than I am.

I don't think I picked up on the elevator numbers until Wednesday or Thursday. Once I figured it out, it made it much easier getting onto the correct elevators.

They still issue numbers for Bronze, but that might not help you.

I am silver, moving to gold after this cruise but even more bummed since this is my sisters first cruise so she will be bronze. Guess we should still arrive early to get her the best number possible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app