Jiffy Jeff transportation....

gkrnjlr

I read on these boards that he's good.....but I made a reservation about a month ago and since then he's written to me 3x now asking me the name of our ship. I'm starting to get nervous and wonder if we need to have backup in case he doesn't show up? He's supposed to pick us up at FLL and take us to the POM.

Can others confirm that he IS reliable and we're not going to get stranded?

Thanks!

After reading all of the glowing reports on TripAdvisor for him, I just sent him an email for a quote. I think he's the real deal and you should be fine!

Just out of curiosity, What rate did they quote you, and what is your pick-up/drop-off? We need a p/u at FLL to a hotel, and then a return trip from Port Everglades to FLL. I hope he gives a good price because I really want to book him based on his reviews!

We have used him twice for our last 2 cruises out of POM and have not had any problems with him not showing up. He did try and confirm that he was picking us up a week earlier than booked the last time though...I think his business is growing and he may need to hire someone to do the bookings for him and keep them straight. :rolleyes:

Don't worry about him not showing up. You would be able to find all sorts of negative reviews if that were the case. We did figure out that it was only about $10 more for the 2 of us to go by Uber/Lyft back to FLL after our cruise from POM than it was for a shared shuttle. That is what we will do next time instead of a shared shuttle.

After reading all of the glowing reports on TripAdvisor for him, I just sent him an email for a quote. I think he's the real deal and you should be fine!

Just out of curiosity, What rate did they quote you, and what is your pick-up/drop-off? We need a p/u at FLL to a hotel, and then a return trip from Port Everglades to FLL. I hope he gives a good price because I really want to book him based on his reviews!

We were quoted $15 per person each direction.

I was also impressed by the reviews, but now that he's asked me 3x for our ship (one time he even asked the date again) it makes me a tad nervous.

I am reading about picking Uber for this trip over Jiffy Jeff.... I've never used Uber. I have gone to the website and see a fare estimate, but I don't know the difference between Uber X, XL or Lux. Lux is obviously luxury, which we won't need.....but for 3 people I don't know what we'd choose (X or XL)? And when trying to reserve - do we touch base with the driver prior to the day they'll pick us up? Exactly how does it work when you book Uber?

Thanks!

UberX is a standard passenger car - around here it is usually something like a Toyota Camry or similar vehicle; lots more small cars driving in downtown DC. In California they all seem to be Toyota Prius. 3 plus bags, unless someone packs like my wife :o, should fit into an UberX

Although some locations let you pre-arrange for Uber transport, the most common option is to request your ride when you are ready to go - I've had drivers show up in under a minutes (they were dropping someone else off at my location) although 2-5 min is more common. The fare will be auto-calculated and charged to the credit card you used when setting up your account. Unless surge pricing is in effect (you will get a warning) the typical UberX fare is about 1/2 of the cab fare.

Not sure where your hotel is, but the cab fare from FLL airport hotels to PE is usually about $15+tip -- slightly less from 17th Street area hotels; some variation based upon where your ship is docked. That fare covers the cab, not per person. If you do not want to mess with Uber just grab a taxi - if one is not waiting at your hotel ask the front desk to call for one (they know who to call). There will be a line of cabs waiting when you exit off of your ship - fare back to FLL from PE should also be about $15.

Have a great cruise! :)

We've had one X uber driver not take us because he didn't want to put a suitcase IN the passenger seating area. He said he didn't want to "scratch the leather seats." So even tho we are just two passengers, with two large bags and a couple back pack type carry ons, we couldn't use his Camry. (You can always "cancel" if you don't all fit.)

Most of our drivers at airport pickups call and ask about the luggage count. That way they know, without losing their spot "in line" , if everything will fit and they have the job.

XL will cost as much as a cab from our experience. Close to double of an X in many cases.

Edited by eandj

We used SAS for $13 pp and they were fantastic (in December). Even though it's a shared shuttle, he is there waiting on you and in contact through your cell phone. He was scheduled to pick up a couple of passengers with another cruise line and called them 3 times by cell to confirm. When they didn't respond, he crossed them off the list and hustled us to the airport. We will be using them again in June for the same...Miami port to FLL airport. You can't beat the price and they were good as their word. They will get you there on time...just don't ignore their calls.:D

I would take Uber XL over a shuttle or taxi. Uber X is usually for 1-3 people and Uber XL for 1-6. Once you use Uber you will realize how easy it is to use and how fantastic it is. I was nervous to try but did a trial run when it didn't affect me during a cruise and they passed my test. They just updated their app so should be easier to request what you want. Feel free to call the driver scheduled if you have any questions. Good luck.

Yes, I can tell you that Jeff is awesome and so are his vehicles...:)

I have used him before and will again two more times this year.

Please do not worry about him "showing up" he will be there and will commentate with you as well.