Low Sodium

Outlanderssc

Has anyone tried the low sodium menu on Celebrity?

Is it like the regular menu with less salt, or is it one of those "boiled chicken and steamed carrots every night" sort of things?

Any way I could get the sodium content of the items on the regular menu and just choose the lower sodium ones?

Has anyone tried the low sodium menu on Celebrity?

Is it like the regular menu with less salt, or is it one of those "boiled chicken and steamed carrots every night" sort of things?

Any way I could get the sodium content of the items on the regular menu and just choose the lower sodium ones?

There is no specific low sodium menu. They have the light & lean selections on the back of the regular dinner menu with the nutritional values, but many of them are very high in sodium. As babylene said, they will bring you the next night's menu and you can choose the items you want prepared without added salt. They do a fantastic job with the soups! I couldn't believe how good they tasted. Of course, some things can't be prepared as low sodium, such as escargot :(

Be sure your TA requests the low/no sodium diet so it will be part of your booking record and the dining room staff will know in advance that you have a special request.

<font color="Navy">There is no specific low sodium menu. ..... Of course, some things can't be prepared as low sodium, such as escargot
I think I can survive without escargot, or at least Lynne can have the escargot and I can have a bite or two. Thanks for easing my mind, I was concerned that requesting low sodium meant a week of bland, boring food while the others dined like kings. If I can pick and choose I will do fine just avoiding the very high sodium items. Thanks again for the insight!

On the very first night, make sure your waiter AND your maitre d' know about this. The food is great overall, but, at least on the Constellation, since the new French Executive Chef has been on board, the food can be very salty. Expecially some buffet items.

I would very highly recommend, especially at lunch, the food at the Aqua Spa Cafe as opposed to the buffet. Healthy, beautifully presented and prepared, and incredibly delicious!

Archived