"Cheers" Versus "By the Beverage"

ajtraveler66

Hubby and I were doing the math to see if it was worth it. I think that you should look at it as a week total instead of by day. Yes you drink less on port days, but for us the sea days more than made up for it. We also enjoy trying more expensive wines/ scotch than we would drink if we were paying by the glass. We do drink the fancy coffees, and I drink bottled water between every alcoholic drink. I also prefer the chocolate martini for dessert instead of the Carnival desserts that I am not really a fan of. Even being pretty conservative with what we will realistically drink we figured it was worth it to us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's exactly how I felt. It was break even for us but, I think but we definitely drank nicer wines and my husband drank nicer scotch. Without the cheers program, we would more than likely order cheaper stuff. This way, we didn't have to.

We had CHEERS on our cruise in November and really enjoyed it. We started purchasing our coffee from the coffee bar several cruises ago when the Lido coffee got almost undrinkable. (I'm normally not a coffee snob, but that stuff is bad!) I would normally just limit myself to one, but with CHEERS, I would have two if I wanted it.

We probably broke even, but I didn't have to think about the cost of each drink. I am normally a frugal person and even on vacation I tend to look at prices and would limit myself to less drinks than what I really wanted. (You know the type, nurse one drink during an entire show or one glass of wine during dinner.)

CHEERS I guess you can say gave me the freedom to not think about it and just enjoy myself and drink what I actually wanted instead of settling for less.

Edited by suzycruiser2

CHEERS I guess you can say gave me the freedom to not think about it and just enjoy myself and drink what I actually wanted instead of settling for less.

This is what I like the most about it. I like to be frugal too, but not having to on vacation is nice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums