Do I understand drink package?

lakeliving501

Classic drink package is $55 per person per day. Can upgrade for 11.80 per person per day to premium. We are looking at 14 night cruise and I'm trying to crunch the numbers to check value. Last cruise we got a great deal on concierge with go best. Looks like we can snag an aqua guarantee with go better for a last minute. Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You said that you had snagged a "go best" promotion. As I remember it, that included all 4 perks. You are now looking at a go better which, at the time was only 2 perks.

First question, are you loosing 2 perks?

Second question - go big, better, best is no longer around - replaced by a similar promotion, the Sail Beyond which ends today, to be replaced by another promotion tomorrow which isn't quite as good, unless you book Concierge or Aqua or Suites.

Are you going to certain that you are going to be able to keep your all of your perks. My experience is that when you re-book a new category it's with the current promotions.

This has always been fuzzy for me and never worked to my benefit so I'm certain that you will get additional comments from others that could be more accurate.

You said that you had snagged a "go best" promotion. As I remember it, that included all 4 perks. You are now looking at a go better which, at the time was only 2 perks.

First question, are you loosing 2 perks?

Second question - go big, better, best is no longer around - replaced by a similar promotion, the Sail Beyond which ends today, to be replaced by another promotion tomorrow which isn't quite as good, unless you book Concierge or Aqua or Suites.

Are you going to certain that you are going to be able to keep your all of your perks. My experience is that when you re-book a new category it's with the current promotions.

This has always been fuzzy for me and never worked to my benefit so I'm certain that you will get additional comments from others that could be more accurate.

I don't think the OP is changing his/her current booking. The CC with Go Best was their last cruise and now they are looking at booking one in the near future and I would guess that there is a significant difference in Go Better vs. Go Best pricing and they want to assess which way makes the most sense for them.

I review pricing on my current cruises every day - and yes, there are still Go Better/Go Best offers out there. I am checking cruises in 2017 - so perhaps it's not available for 2018 or 2019 cruises?

Thank you - seems to make financial sense to include drink package in offered perks (value of classic is $770 per person on 14 night).

The value is actually $770 + $138.60 - since you would have to pay the gratuities if purchasing directly.

Classic drink package is $55 per person per day. Can upgrade for 11.80 per person per day to premium. We are looking at 14 night cruise and I'm trying to crunch the numbers to check value. Last cruise we got a great deal on concierge with go best. Looks like we can snag an aqua guarantee with go better for a last minute. Any advice?

Personally, I don't see an Aqua Class guarantee as anything great. Aqua Class gives you access to Blu and to the Persian Gardens. The cabins, though, are in less desirable places than Concierge Class. I would rather have dinners in MDR than in Blu but Blu does offer a very nice breakfast.

Thank you - seems to make financial sense to include drink package in offered perks (value of classic is $770 per person on 14 night).

Two comments:

1. The "value" of the classic package is what it is worth to you, not what it costs - thus its value to you depends on how much you would otherwise spend, without the package, on wine, beer, liquor, coffee, juice you expect to consume per day.

I typically enjoy a specialty coffee twice a day and a minimum of three alcoholic drinks per day (which in total would probably add up to around 46 USD per day including the 18% gratuity.)

2. Your actual cost for selecting the classic perk can be substantially less than $55 +18% per day per person. When I was recently booking a 11 night Caribbean cruise for this coming September, I had a choice between a senior rate without any perks and a "wave season" sale rate with two perks. The difference between the two rates for the same cabin was 350 USD per person for the 11 nights. Subtracting out the $150 OBC perk, my actual cost for the Classic Beverage Package was $200 per person ($18.18 per day.)

Thus my $46 estimated value was about 2.5 times my actual $18.18 cost! A no-brainer decision!

Larry