Cabanas on Great stirrup cay

Princess1963

Clam shell or a whole cabana?? The clam shell is worth it....especially if you are going to stay there all day...

We were lucky enough to get a cabana on our last CCL cruise....it was $375....it was nice, padded loungers, table, chairs, refrigerator, snacks and drinks...all the toys we wanted (rafts, snorkel gear)...a fan and yes, even an air conditioner....

It was a great 'one time' thing....but I don't think we would spring that kind of cash again....

I really only need a clam shell and a raft.... ;)

Last time I got one was for a group of us - that was worth it. I wouldn't get one for just myself. Last time I went solo on GSC, I went over to the lagoon and had a nice relaxing day. Was pretty quiet over there with a bathroom and buffet/bar set up - though they only do the bar/buffet over there for the larger ships. Get a clamshell & use the Cabana money for two massages. ;)

in case you dont know, the cabanas are 'far' from the water. of course you wont have to worry about monitoring small kids etc. and the ones i saw had steep ramps going up to them. not a biggy, just surprise no steps

a mesh clamshell should be ok but get there early! i got the last one and was worried what if i was a few minutes late.

I guess it depends on what you wanted the cabana for...I was there over Christmas and booked for a group, it was great being together, coming and going as we pleased, waiter service and food plus floats, loungers etc. We absolutely loved it (we were a group of solos who reunited after a previous cruise) but I doubt I'd get one just for me, it might feel a bit secluded but if that's what you're after then it would be perfect

in case you dont know, the cabanas are 'far' from the water. of course you wont have to worry about monitoring small kids etc. and the ones i saw had steep ramps going up to them. not a biggy, just surprise no steps

a mesh clamshell should be ok but get there early! i got the last one and was worried what if i was a few minutes late.

May I ask how much a clamshell rental is?

May I ask how much a clamshell rental is?

35 and rent on the boat. when we were on GSC he said we got last mesh one. people 5 min later got unmesh one

its still kinda hot in the mesh one compared to outside but you dont get direct sun

we were on the 3rd beach away from the tender, in front of small cabanas

i cannot wait to see what the lagoon looks like if i ever go again

Does anyone know if they hold back cabanas for haven guests? I would like to rent one but want to use OBC and am afraid they will be gone by the time we get onboard.

Call the shorex number and have them reserve one for you. They won't charge you until you are on board and use the excursion. This also allows you to get the $50 shore excursion credit and the latitudes discount if those are applicable to you.

Call the shorex number and have them reserve one for you. They won't charge you until you are on board and use the excursion. This also allows you to get the $50 shore excursion credit and the latitudes discount if those are applicable to you.

Thank you, I will do that! :)