Breakaway Haven Aft-facing Suite - which deck ?

padgman1

Thinking about 2018 Transatlantic cruise on Breakaway ( anniversary cruise) in the fall.....looking at this category of suites, available on multiple deck levels, wondering if there are any highly recommended? DW and I would like a balcony that has some sun but also some shade ( NOT sunworshippers by any means). Comments?

Also, I assume that the current promotions of Internet/ Specialty Restaurant/ Ultimate Drink Package/ Shore Excursion Credit apply to transatlantic cruises as well ( esp. in Haven suites)?

Why assume when you can just read the terms and conditions?

Because, at times, it is easier for someone who has taken such a cruise to comment on such matters quicker than I can read 20+ pages of legalese....for the record, Celebrity does not allow their perks promotions to be used on transatlantic cruises ....

Why assume when you can just read the terms and conditions?

I was going to say that this remark was a little nasty and noticed where you're from. lol

Now wondering which park of Bklyn.

Edited by Mrs. H.

Actually I wasn't being nasty - trying to be straightforward. Where I live and where I'm from aren't necessarily the same thing.

The Free at Sea terms aren't 20 pages and if you search for the word "Transatlantic" or "Reposition" you get no results. There are things that are not available at certain times - for instance the Free Friends and Family is not available on the cruise I booked today.

If you go to the NCL page and search transatlantics on the Breakaway, it shows the 2 sailings and underneath each it says "Specials" and shows the Free at Sea - also with no Friends & Family. Very simple to find versus relying on people on here - who are not always right.

Actually I wasn't being nasty - trying to be straightforward. Where I live and where I'm from aren't necessarily the same thing.

No, but after reading what you wrote and seeing where you live, I had to laugh since that would be a Brooklyn way of 'talking.' lmao

FUHGEDDABOUDIT!!! :D

Won't tell me which part your from, will you?? :p

Thank you, khaide, for answering the question.....I did see this when I mock booked a room, just wanted to make sure as my experience on other lines has been different.....and my experience on this forum has been, people are willing to offer truthful information and not willingly lead people astray....occasionally they are mistaken and others will rightfully correct....but I have seen VERY FEW "bad eggs" here...

Thank you, khaide, for answering the question.....I did see this when I mock booked a room, just wanted to make sure as my experience on other lines has been different.....and my experience on this forum has been, people are willing to offer truthful information and not willingly lead people astray....occasionally they are mistaken and others will rightfully correct....but I have seen VERY FEW "bad eggs" here...

Oh I don't think people are answering incorrectly on purpose. It might not be incorrect but what their experience was. However, NCL changes things and policies so what they were entitled to could have changed even if they booked and took their cruise yesterday. :)

Just want to clarify that I didn't mean to be nasty or snotty purpose but was trying to be helpful. The NCL terms are pretty good and straightforward and a Ctrl+F on a desktop or laptop or "Find on Page" from a smartphone can search it for you. I'll put a smiley face from now on to clarify. ;)

As for you Mrs. H! :p I'm from a very small community in Brooklyn but am currently living in Bay Ridge until my house is ready for moving back.

If you cannot get deck 9 then try for deck 12. Last time I was in 10312 and the balcony was quite nice, just with less depth than deck 9 or 12. Also the noise from Spice H2O seemed much less noticeable on deck 10. From what I've read, deck 14 has the smallest balcony and the most noise from above. Decks 11 & 14 have 2 entrances out onto the balcony because the master bedroom is located where the other suites have their bathrooms. Personally I would like this configuration better, but have not yet had a suite on decks 11 or 14.

You will see soot on your balcony. I always wore flip flops out there and left them at the sliding door.

Deck 11 suites have an awesome layout. We loved the location, no noise from above or below. We traveled with our teen, and the Deck 11/14 layout worked well for our situation, as we could go to the balcony from the bedroom, while daughter was still asleep on the sofa bed in living room. But if you wish to have a bath while looking out at the ocean, then this layout won't be what you are looking for. I should still have the link to our Breakaway cruise with tons of photos in my signature...just look below :)

Tmilak, thanks for the reply !!

Noticing this room is right above Cagney's....did you notice any excessive noise at dinnertime or after 10 pm?

Never heard or smelled anything. Utter bliss. Also closest to the sounds of the wake as it churns through the sea. Very relaxing and even slept with the door open one night.

• 2 weeks later...
Deck 9. Huge balcony and half covered. We sailed in 9316 and it was great.

YES...9316 or 9916 - for sure!! That balcony is CRAZY big....2 loungers, 2 chairs, a table with 4 chairs and still TONS of room.It would be perfect for a Transatlantic. One of the best cabins we've ever had!

It's a walk to the Haven Courtyard - but well worth it for that balcony, in our opinion.

ry%3D400

Edited by happy cruzin