Tell me about Doubletree Grand Biscayne Bay

Natitude61

Starting to look at Miami hotels for our cruise next January, and tentatively booked a room here. Reviews are very mixed, however. Looks like it's recently renovated, but would like to know others experience. Clean? How close to port? Better options? Just staying one night; we're both in our 50s so not looking for a crazy party/nightlife atmosphere. Thanks in advance...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Starting to look at Miami hotels for our cruise next January, and tentatively booked a room here. Reviews are very mixed, however. Looks like it's recently renovated, but would like to know others experience. Clean? How close to port? Better options? Just staying one night; we're both in our 50s so not looking for a crazy party/nightlife atmosphere. Thanks in advance...

Before I moved to South Florida it was one of my favorite hotels in Miami. We would always book the lowest price room and they would upgrade us to a marina view corner suite because we were Hilton Diamond members. Great room with a wrap around balcony with a great view. On the 9th floor in the building next door (other side of the Marriott) there is a locally owned Irish Pub with a good menu and a kitchen that stays open late.

http://www.mikesvenetia.com/

Another vote.

We have stayed there. Like the previous poster mentioned, we also have HHonors D status and have been upgraded to marina view. It is a little older decor but the hotel is clean, nice and very convenient. My favorite was a chinese restaurant in the connecting shopping complex.

I've stayed here several times while in Miami on business. Shares a garage with the next door Marriott, shopping and dining options nearby, great pool and as mentioned above there are some great views from some rooms. The bar/restaurant in the lobby is a good option for Caribbean inspired food or walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 for great tapas and an extensive wine/craft beer list. :D

Taxi to POM the next morning should only run $10-12

Do you rent yours or know of someone who does?

No, I do not and no I don't.

You need to go to vrbo.com and check the vacation rentals. The problem with those, though, is many require a minimum stay of two nights, three nights, a week, a month or whatever and they usually have cleaning charges of $50-$75 which usually makes the overall price too high for a one or two night stay. Unless they are perfectly located you are usually better off with a hotel.