Azzura complimentary restaurant on Jewel

mispi

We are first time in NCL for Panama canal transit cruise and I see in my cruise summary, that is possible to book this complimentary restaurant for set time in the evening. Has it any sense to book it, is any difference between Main dinning room Tzar palace and Azzura?

Same menu with just minor variations. Azzuar, if I'm remembering which is which, is the small of the two MDRs. The other is a more grand and larger dining room. The larger requires a more strict dress code (long pants and collared shirt for guys) . You can wear shorts at the smaller. And for me, no, I would not try to book ahead. I've never had more than just a few minutes wait for either MDR, and frequently no wait at all.

It does seem that there is some benefit in pre booking the MDRs is you are part of a large group, as it will ensure there is a table available at the time.

For small groups, I don't see any real advantage in pre booking. We have never done so and have never waited more than a few minutes for a MDR. My understanding is that you still have to queue up even with a reservation.

I agree with the previous answers: The menu is the same in both restaurants, but the restaurants themselves are quite different. The Tsar is the more formal of the two, but also more grand and much lighter with windows on three sides. We found the service much better in the Tsar and we liked the ambiance, but that is a matter of personal preference. As mentioned above, the Azura is more informal and the dress code is less strict.

When it comes to booking in advance it really isn´t necessary unless you are a big group. During two weeks we never waited more than maybe 5 minutes at the most in order to be seated, and many times there was no line at all.

A possible exception is the very last day of the cruise when the MDR:s seem to be more busy than usual, and hence the lines longer.