How much is the drink package when buying onboard the oasis

knicksak2

The price on the ship can vary cruise to cruise, so there's no way to know exactly what it will be on your cruise. RC has documentation that indicates the price is from $55 per day, and I have seen onboard prices in excess of $60.

The price on the ship can vary cruise to cruise, so there's no way to know exactly what it will be on your cruise. RC has documentation that indicates the price is from $55 per day, and I have seen onboard prices in excess of $60.

thanks...wonder if anyone has been on it recently and can tell me what they saw it at.

Some said the price was higher during the "holiday" sailings. In October we purchased in advanced and paid $342 a friend bought on board and it was $454 (55 + 18% gratuity) that was after the changes to drink packages went in to effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was considering buying the Deluxe PKG for my husband the 2nd week of our TA so September, am I reading that if you wait until your on board, you will pay higher then purchasing it prior to your cruise. For 15 days it si coming out to $795. $44.00 X,s 18 % X,s 15 days

Keep in mind ona certain day they stop allowing you to purchase it when on board. On 7 night sailings it's third night they stop selling it. Fir our TA in October we were told by rc it was day 5. So paying $55 on board a day for 14 nights if you buy the last night they offer will be for 10 nights at $64.90(55+ 18) $650. Not all of our first 4 nights are port days, so if we have 2 glasses of wine and a specialty coffee at minimum at dinner we can add another $100 on to that. So at $750 we are just going to end up buying it in advance and enjoy not having a bill at the end

Ery, thank you, my husband drinks only beer. Our first 3 days are Port visits followed by 2 Sea Days then 1 overnight Port and late departure on the next port or day 8 + 5 Sea days ( Aug 26 to September 10th ). He can average 6 beers/day . Full price with the Package is roughly $780 vs $520 for 10 days. I have plenty of time to buy the package before we leave for Copenhagen next August, so will most likely buy before leaving then it is paid for. Normally I do buy ahead of time, so will wait until after cruise is paid off then buy it.

I completely understand, I just know a lot of people don't realize there is a cut off on how far into the cruise you can purchase. On our ta chat people were wanting to wait until day 8 because they only drink a few those first days and weren't realizing that you can't buy it that far in to the cruise and their "few" was "well we'll probably only have 3 those days" which with paying the higher on board price for ten days then the 4 days buying 3 drinks they'd end up paying more than the same price for the whole week [emoji4]

Since I have always pre paid for it, I never realized there was a cut off. During our 2014 NZ cruise I tried to get him to pre pay and he wasn't sure. Well after 8 days of a 13 day cruise and a $300 bill, myself and the daughter told him it was going to be bought for the next cruise that followed 9 days after the end of the NZ.:D

Myself, I might have 1 alcoholic beverage over a two week cruise, I will drink mostly Ice Tea, a few cokes so buy individually. If we are on cruise and several Sea Days then my husband will average 6 beers/day while a more port intensive one, 4/5. I think his fewest beers was during our Quebec/NE cruise in 2015 where are day temps were in the 50's. I suspect for our Copenhagen TA he will have 5/6 beers./day. I don't think he drinks anymore then he usually does because of the package.

Myself, I might have 1 alcoholic beverage over a two week cruise, I will drink mostly Ice Tea, a few cokes so buy individually. If we are on cruise and several Sea Days then my husband will average 6 beers/day while a more port intensive one, 4/5. I think his fewest beers was during our Quebec/NE cruise in 2015 where are day temps were in the 50's. I suspect for our Copenhagen TA he will have 5/6 beers./day. I don't think he drinks anymore then he usually does because of the package.

Remember, RCCL no longer has just a wine/beer package, only the Deluxe is offered now. So, if he only drinks no more than 6 beers/day, it's probably cheaper to buy them individually vs the Deluxe package.;)

I'm new to this but where do you find the specials on the drink packages? On Royal Caribbean's website, email, etc? Not sailing til next January so we can't even purchase the package yet.

You will see any specials in your Cruise Planner on Royal's website, once those items become available to order.

Remember, RCCL no longer has just a wine/beer package, only the Deluxe is offered now. So, if he only drinks no more than 6 beers/day, it's probably cheaper to buy them individually vs the Deluxe package.;)

Our last Oasis trip beers were $8 a pop. $8 x 6 is already $48 not including any coffee drinks, sodas or bottled waters. Still easy to go way over the cost of the package