Carnival Cloud 9 spa cabins and services

tallnthensome

I have a spa cabin coming up in April on the Vista. As far as the actual spa services and times how does it work? Do I have to call or walk to the desk to make a reservation for each service like the heat chambers and loungers or do you just walk up without appointments if you have a spa cabin? What exactly does "priority" appointments mean and how soon realistically should they be made in a spa cabin? is it packed every day? Thanks for any help.

We are just recently off the Dream (pre-dry dock). We went to the spa the first day and told them we were in a spa cabin. we were then given a private tour of the spa, including the cloud 9 exclusive amenities. We were given a spa menu and informed of our discounts on the services. We were encouraged to book our services at that time and it really did help to plan our week. We really enjoyed the cloud 9 spa and the thalasso pool, but I understand the vista does not have that. The elevator and stairs that went from our deck, through the spa and up to the serenity deck was very convenient. Again this is Dream specific, I haven't studied the Vista deck plans. Enjoy the quiet relaxation rooms and the spa services, just be ready for the selling of products. My husband and I just got tickled every time the word "detox" was mentioned. It became a game of how many times one could say it in a sentence!! Have fun.

Speaking only for the thermal suite, you don't need reservations to use the heated chairs or any of the saunas. I've never gotten spa services because I've heard how they really push the products and upsells. If your ship has the thalassotherapy pool you will love it. We were in the Sunshine in December and sadly she didn't have it. Once you board head over to the spa and I THINK they put a sticker on your card, however I may be confusing that with Norwegian. Then when you want to use the thermal suite you give them your sail and sign card and they give you a card to get into the thermal suite.

You can use the heated loungers, thelasso therapy pool, dry saunas, wet saunas, and other facilities at any time. Just show them your sign & sail card at the front desk. They will take your S&S card and give you a card to swipe to get into all of these areas. Priority spa appointments means you get first dibs on all treatments available at the time. Stuff like massages, facials, hair treatments, mani, pedi, etc. needs a prior appointment. I wait for the daily specials that are advertised in the fun times before I make my appointments. They have some good deals. It's really not very packed. They only allow a certain amount of spa passes and when they hit their max they stop selling them. Our next cruise will be our third spa balcony cabin and we have yet to see large crowds in the spa area. Only once did we skip the heated bubbly Thelasso therapy pool (our favorite place in the spa) because it was full. We just went to the sauna and then came back and it wasn't crowded anymore. :) If you don't have a spa cabin and you purchase access to the spa then they put a sticker on your card. But if you have a spa cabin then there's no sticker. When they swipe your S&S card they can see your cabin is on the spa deck and you are entitled to the spa all week.

Edited by cruisinqt
Clarity

Does anyone have pictures of the shampoos/conditioners goodies etc they give you in the spa cabin?

The Elemis products were replenished about half way thru the cruise. Didn't take pics of the robes. The wash clothes and towels were also different than the ones in regular rooms.

5c2876c65f4e8c7e8be4f5aa0715d1fa.jpg87c86015c18e71c9d2b0ed5b50137cb6.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a spa balcony on Dream a couple weeks ago. The in-room products were OK, but nothing special. I like the Bumble & Bumble products I use at home better. No appointments need for the steam rooms, loungers, or t-pool. Only for actual services. We did book a couples deep tissue. It was a little expensive, but not outrageous. The massages were wonderful. We did 75 minutes, which is longer than we typically do and I was not ready for it to be done. They did try to sell us products, but my wife pretty quickly told them we weren't buying anything and they stopped pushing. No real problem in that respect. And my wife did go back and buy the brush they offered.