RC dolphin excursion do parents have to go with child?

Can someone tell me how to works? We are planning to go to Nassau and interested in booking our kids to do a dolphin encounter. They are 5 and almost 7. My question is do I have to book 1 adult and 2 children or am I able to go with them but not do the encounter? What if they need me in the water to help them? I've never seen the

Dolphin encounter so not sure how it all works. I would also probably have husband with us to take photos, does he need to book too if he isn't in the water doing the encounter just doing photos?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have no experience with the Nassau one, however, in Cozumel everyone had to buy a ticket who was signed up on the excursion. You are still using the transportation, etc. Also, no photographs were allowed. They took pictures and it was very expensive to purchase.

Also, there are different types of "encounters." In Cozumel you can just touch/pet the Dolphins or you can actually swim with them. In either case you were on a platform in the water. My grandkids were around 6, 8 and 10, and definitely would have not let them try alone (not sure if tour would have allowed).

In the dolphin encounter we did I would not have wanted my kid in there without me. The platforms are fairly low in the water, at least waist deep on an adult. While everyone has life jackets I'd still want to be in the water with my child. Also these are large animals, and it might be very intimidating for a 5 or 7 year old.

Did you feel the encounter was worth the price? Did it take all day? I am interested in also going to the pirate museum, only my 7 yo has gone but I know they will both love it, that we will just walk to from the ship. Also anyone know if non ship people can go on the excursion? We have friends in the Bahamas and 1 might want to meet us there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums