Adventure B2B Review

I appreciate your help more than you know! You are a huge help[emoji106] We love pics lol. I will spend more on pics that drinking and souvenirs together. It's hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time for sure. I keep waiting for a photo deal to pop up on my cruise planner. Do you remember seeing any photo deals prior to sailing?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you can't see the photo, let me know and I'll type it out for ya!

Hoping you can see this picture I took in my cruise compass about buying the whole CD! And it says they do have facial recognition so maybe I was wrong? We didn't even go down there so things could have changed!

08890b351c3d25c5ff382b3035bdc263.jpg

You rock! I could kiss your face lol. Thank you again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing your review and photos. I have a question about Curacao. That long walk from the pier to the bus stop, was it safe? How long was the ride to Mambo? Thinking about doing this at least one way since there are 4 of us and as you said (and I have read prior) taxi fares are steep.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your review and photos. I have a question about Curacao. That long walk from the pier to the bus stop, was it safe? How long was the ride to Mambo? Thinking about doing this at least one way since there are 4 of us and as you said (and I have read prior) taxi fares are steep.Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Oh yes, it was safe. I tend to get a little "freaked out" walking around sometimes just because you don't know how safe places really are. This was the most safe I've felt. Honestly the ABC islands seem to be a little different than the other southern Caribbean islands. You don't get hassled and things like that. I never felt once like I was somewhere I shouldn't be or anything like that. I was a little worried walking around at night since we went to dinner after dark but when we did it, I felt completely at ease! The ride to Mambo was about 15 mins. The only reason it was a little longer is because we had to drop a couple other people off to places on our way. But it was a cool way to see the island!

Oh yes, it was safe. I tend to get a little "freaked out" walking around sometimes just because you don't know how safe places really are. This was the most safe I've felt. Honestly the ABC islands seem to be a little different than the other southern Caribbean islands. You don't get hassled and things like that. I never felt once like I was somewhere I shouldn't be or anything like that. I was a little worried walking around at night since we went to dinner after dark but when we did it, I felt completely at ease! The ride to Mambo was about 15 mins. The only reason it was a little longer is because we had to drop a couple other people off to places on our way. But it was a cool way to see the island!

Thank you! Can't wait 😀

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hello!!!! I found your review and loved it. Felt like we were there with you, oh wait we were! We had so much fun getting to know you both. I wish we were going again in January next year but we booked our back to back for April. We are counting down the days to our next cruise in July. Tim is trying to talk me into going to Bermuda on the Anthem in May. We can drive there. I keep saying "No" but he might wear me out. We must cruise together again and we want to go to that restaurant with you guys on Curacao.

Hello!!!! I found your review and loved it. Felt like we were there with you, oh wait we were! We had so much fun getting to know you both. I wish we were going again in January next year but we booked our back to back for April. We are counting down the days to our next cruise in July. Tim is trying to talk me into going to Bermuda on the Anthem in May. We can drive there. I keep saying "No" but he might wear me out. We must cruise together again and we want to go to that restaurant with you guys on Curacao.

Hi there!!!! It's so good to hear from you! We had a great time with you guys and are hoping to cruise with you again in 2019!! We are hoping to book on Monday when the 2018-2019 itineraries are released!! :D You need to go to Bermuda with hubs! I've never been there but would love to! I think we might book a cruise with our son next summer so that we can be Diamond by the time our Jan 2019 cruise rolls around :p Only will need 1 point! :rolleyes: Miss you guys!!

Thank you so much for posting. We're really enjoying your posts. We've done the Aruba route on Jewel and have the St Lucia route planned for a few months away on Adventure. Our last five cruises have been on Oasis class ships, so we always book smaller ships with a little anxiousness. We have yet to be disappointed. (I can't say I've ever had a bad cruise);). We've read several threads about the need for repair on this ship. Thanks again for posting and your beautiful pictures . I'm getting excited!

Thank you so much for posting. We're really enjoying your posts. We've done the Aruba route on Jewel and have the St Lucia route planned for a few months away on Adventure. Our last five cruises have been on Oasis class ships, so we always book smaller ships with a little anxiousness. We have yet to be disappointed. (I can't say I've ever had a bad cruise);). We've read several threads about the need for repair on this ship. Thanks again for posting and your beautiful pictures . I'm getting excited!

I'm excited for your upcoming cruise! Adventure is the biggest ship we've been on so to us, it's the best :D We have been on Adventure several years in a row and haven't really noticed the need for repair as much as others. I think it is what you are used to. Yes there are areas where the carpet could use replacing and the rust could be fixed but it's nothing that stops us from having an amazing time! Have a wonderful cruise and I hope you will report back! ;)

We were also onboard for the same b2b. Didn't do beaches and since we've been to most of the islands pretty much just wandered around. Did do the George Washington House tour. We had once tried to find it our own with no luck so the tour this time. The house was good and the guide at the house was very good. By chance we were at the Garrison on Thursday at noon when they do a re-enactment of the changing of the guard. Very good.

As to the internet. It worked fine but I didn't try and stream anything, just the surf. I managed to use my dh's an my free minutes to cover most of the week an didn't pay for anything.

We had an E1 aft, with a corner balcony, 8390. It was small but the big balcony was great.

You wouldn't have a picture of this room and balcony by any chance? We've been trying to look for information on the corner afts on deck 8 for the adventure. Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the review. My DH and I are doing a B2B in March 2018 and it will be our first B2B and our 2nd time sailing out of San Juan.

I am so glad that I booked it, knowing that Adventure will be leaving San Juan next summer/fall. :(

Thank you so much for the review. My DH and I are doing a B2B in March 2018 and it will be our first B2B and our 2nd time sailing out of San Juan.

I am so glad that I booked it, knowing that Adventure will be leaving San Juan next summer/fall. :(

How exciting that you are going on your first B2B! You will fall in love and never look back! We were sad to see that Adventure is leaving too but we are excited to find out what will be replacing her! We've been on Adventure multiple times and would love to try something new :)

Just found this review and it is awesome! We are currently planning a B2B on Adventure for January or February 2018. We've sailed her before and love the southern caribbean routes out of San Juan. We're trying to get the best of both worlds with different islands like you did. We're actually contemplating RC for one leg and Celebrity for the other. (we've only sailed Celebrity once and don't know much about their ships though) We are beach lovers and SO appreciated all your pictures!

Just found this review and it is awesome! We are currently planning a B2B on Adventure for January or February 2018. We've sailed her before and love the southern caribbean routes out of San Juan. We're trying to get the best of both worlds with different islands like you did. We're actually contemplating RC for one leg and Celebrity for the other. (we've only sailed Celebrity once and don't know much about their ships though) We are beach lovers and SO appreciated all your pictures!

You can't go wrong with Celebrity either! We've only been on 1 Celebrity cruise but we really loved it! The food was the best we've ever had. I will say that it was an older crowd than RC but that didn't bother us too much. We prefer the entertainment on RC. You will love this itinerary! Glad you enjoyed the review! :)

We cling to the ship as long as possible like a toddler being taken away from their parent [emoji1]

Hey Laura, great review! We were with you on the Jan 2016 B2B :) Didn't think we'd make it for a cruise this year, as we've been going through some medical crap that we had to pay out of pocket (don't believe in the hype of "free" Canadian health care, but that's another story)...

Nevertheless, we're doing a B2B on the Jewel coming up in early April!!! Decided it was a worthwhile investment in our mental health. :D Glad you had a good cruise, and maybe we'll see you guys again on another one day!

Hey Laura, great review! We were with you on the Jan 2016 B2B :) Didn't think we'd make it for a cruise this year, as we've been going through some medical crap that we had to pay out of pocket (don't believe in the hype of "free" Canadian health care, but that's another story)...

Nevertheless, we're doing a B2B on the Jewel coming up in early April!!! Decided it was a worthwhile investment in our mental health. :D Glad you had a good cruise, and maybe we'll see you guys again on another one day!

Hey there long lost friends!! You crazy Patriot fans you! ;p;p I'm sorry to hear that you guys have been going through medical stuff! I wonder about you guys often because I remember trying to convince your wife to book another cruise! We booked another one for 2018 on Adventure and it sounds like it'll be our last since Adventure is leaving San Juan! Not sure what is replacing her yet but we are excited to find out! I'm so excited you guys are going in April! Have a wonderful time and I hope to hear about it from you! :)