$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

RCCL just called. With no information again. I embarrassingly broke down in frustrated tears. How is it possible to have no updates. Exec CS said their accounting department came back with no other information than what she already had available. Parent TA company's management phone line is a single line that goes to a voicemail, then a manager will call RCCL back but it's almost always a different manager. So she's waiting on a call back from a message that she left. She said the number to my TA goes straight to voicemail every time she calls and that she's left repeated messages.

Exec CS rep is hopeful to hear from the Parent TA company today and hopeful to hear from TA by tomorrow. I told her that we've been communicating for almost TWO WEEKS how have we not figured this out by now?! She had no answers for me other than to say that she's really sorry about the situation.

I feel so stupid for crying but this is insane. I told her that I leave for Florida in 10 days and this is going to severely impact how much I enjoy my $5,000+ vacation (including flights, excursions, etc) with their cruise line. I know I shouldn't allow it to effect the trip, but I know it will have some kind of impact.

I am sorry this is what you were told, but not the least bit surprised. RCCL is probably not going to be of any help from this point on. I am guessing the dirty TA ran payments like a ponzi scheme and that the person you paid $1400 toward their cruise on had previously paid $1400 toward another persons cruise before that. The TA will not return anybody's calls for two weeks now and that alone shows she is hiding and guilty. She is not suddenly going to start taking phone calls tomorrow after two weeks of silence. Your best bet from here out is to deal directly with the parent TA company and ask to fill out an errors and admissions claim against them. They have this insurance and it is meant to cover this exact thing. Do not allow them to say they want to check on this or that first. Politely and firmly say you are done waiting and want to file a claim with them. Once that is filed, feel free to go scorched earth on the dirty TA. I personally do not see how RCCL can help much from here out, but perhaps I am wrong on that.

I am so so sorry! Did you give them your TA's cell phone number ? Ask them to call from a line that appears personal. This woman is screening her calls and she will likely answer if she thinks it's a customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I gave RCCL her personal number on Tuesday. I'll ask if they local or non 800 number that they can call from!

I am sorry this is what you were told, but not the least bit surprised. RCCL is probably not going to be of any help from this point on. I am guessing the dirty TA ran payments like a ponzi scheme and that the person you paid $1400 toward their cruise on had previously paid $1400 toward another persons cruise before that. The TA will not return anybody's calls for two weeks now and that alone shows she is hiding and guilty. She is not suddenly going to start taking phone calls tomorrow after two weeks of silence. Your best bet from here out is to deal directly with the parent TA company and ask to fill out an errors and admissions claim against them. They have this insurance and it is meant to cover this exact thing. Do not allow them to say they want to check on this or that first. Politely and firmly say you are done waiting and want to file a claim with them. Once that is filed, feel free to go scorched earth on the dirty TA. I personally do not see how RCCL can help much from here out, but perhaps I am wrong on that.

The only reason I think RCCL can help is because they're holding my money. My card was charged to their company. I'm hopeful to hear from the Parent TA company today and will see what happens.

Parent TA company needs to cut you a check for $1400 and then sort it out with their disappearing affiliate TA and RCCL, in my opinion. At the end of the day the TA screwed up - whether intentionally or not - and the duck/cover now to both RCCL and her own parent company shouldn't be your problem. I've made payments for other people's cruises before so I understand why RCCL wouldn't question the name mismatch from reservation to credit card. I'm sure that happens all the time. RCCL is likely telling the TA its for them to sort out on their end, especially if they don't have an "extra" $1400 on anyone's accounts floating around. Anyway - I would tell the parent TA to give you your $$ now and then they can figure it out once you've been made whole. There's absolutely no reason you should have to wait, particularly since they know their own TA isn't talking to them. As you've said, they can file an insurance claim against their own policy if warranted - but again, it's reprehensible to suggest you need to wait for that to happen. Just my .02.

RCCL only knows that 2 people paid for a cruise, you don't know if the other payment came from the passenger themselves or someone else, and RCCL needs to be sure about who they owe money to before sending it back.

Of course it seems cut and dry to all of us, but they have a ton of other cases they are handling, and all of them require several departments to come together and work on them. I think that they need to be more honest and open with you about what is holding them up, and give you more of an idea of where you stand. I can understand that they don't want to promise that you are getting money from them, or lay any blame, until they know exactly what is going on. The missing TA is not helping matters either. Where is the friend that referred you to them in all this?

And the TA coverage is called "errors & omissions" coverage. Not sure it covers you for the theft of your money. Agent error yes, owner agent theft not so sure.

I still think it's time for you to reach out and give her one last opportunity before you file a police & DA report in Galveston . Cashiers check in the amount of $1400 delivered to your house by Fed Ex (or a relative or neighbor that will be home Sat or Monday) by 3pm.

PS if this woman has a husband, call him at work ;)

And the TA coverage is called "errors & omissions" coverage. Not sure it covers you for the theft of your money. Agent error yes, owner agent theft not so sure.

I still think it's time for you to reach out and give her one last opportunity before you file a police & DA report in Galveston . Cashiers check in the amount of $1400 delivered to your house by Fed Ex (or a relative or neighbor that will be home Sat or Monday) by 3pm.

PS if this woman has a husband, call him at work ;)

Oops, I said errors and admissions earlier. Sorry, was typing fast. Yes, errors and omissions is the correct thing to ask for. Sorry for that mistake.

Edited by WhenIsLobsterNight

Got a phone call from Parent TA company. They're so sunshine and rainbows and actually told me they were calling because they heard I was "concerned" from RCCL. Yes... very concerned. I asked about errors and admissions insurance and she actually laughed. I was furious. So so furious. This actually happened hours ago but I had to rant and rave to my poor husband that's at work (he works 2pm to midnight) before I could type a clear sentence. She said that they're working on it as fast as they can. She talked with my TA yesterday (still not a word from my TA to me) and that they're working on figuring out what happened. Disbelief.

I will torch the internet after I'm safely on a boat.

YES. I said all signs point to this being an issue of fraud that originated with TA and that I need this resolved before we leave for Florida in 9 days. I mentioned errors and admissions insurance being activated to repay my $1,400 before we leave and she just laughed it off. Oh we're working on it dear. Please please please don't call me dear while I'm trying to remain professional and not yell.

Wow. Just wow. If there is anything this thread has done it is to 100% convince me to always deal direct with a cruise line and never with a TA. Period. End of story. That way there will never be a doubt about who messed up the accounting for my payments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow. Just wow. If there is anything this thread has done it is to 100% convince me to always deal direct with a cruise line and never with a TA. Period. End of story. That way there will never be a doubt about who messed up the accounting for my payments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have always booked with a large online cruise only TA as they offer free perks and gratuities worth an average of $200-$350 per cruise. Never had a problem yet, but this thread has made me rethink a number of things. I think Geldhart might be right about booking directly with Rccl going forward.

YES. I said all signs point to this being an issue of fraud that originated with TA and that I need this resolved before we leave for Florida in 9 days. I mentioned errors and admissions insurance being activated to repay my $1,400 before we leave and she just laughed it off. Oh we're working on it dear. Please please please don't call me dear while I'm trying to remain professional and not yell.

Simply unbelievable. Once this is all cleared up, you need to go scorched earth on all of them. This has been handled wrong by everybody involved with the exception of Elliott.

Got a phone call from Parent TA company. They're so sunshine and rainbows and actually told me they were calling because they heard I was "concerned" from RCCL. Yes... very concerned. I asked about errors and admissions insurance and she actually laughed. I was furious. So so furious. This actually happened hours ago but I had to rant and rave to my poor husband that's at work (he works 2pm to midnight) before I could type a clear sentence. She said that they're working on it as fast as they can. She talked with my TA yesterday (still not a word from my TA to me) and that they're working on figuring out what happened. Disbelief.

I will torch the internet after I'm safely on a boat.

I have been following this thread for days, I give you much credit 918, I would have blown up after the first set of phone calls. I hope you not only get your money back but also some restitution. :mad:

918 - or should we call you Dear? Just kidding!

Just wanted to say that I think it's a GOOD thing that the Lead TA called you tonight. I'm sure that they don't have training on what to say and to be honest - we don't know what they have found - I really don't expect them to tell you.

I think that you are doing great being level headed. If you talk to the TA again and they say that they are looking into it - kindly request that it's your understanding that everyone agrees that you have been overcharged so you don't think they need to keep YOU waiting while they get to the bottom of what happened. They should just get you paid back without any further waiting.

I really think that as much as you WANT to know what happened - you also really don't want to know. You just want your money back and to move on.

You may want to ask the name of their insurance company for errors and omissions - put it in writing that you are asking for them to be put on notice.

I'm so sorry you are going through this.

I will see if they will give me the name when they call me again on Monday! Argh. Thanks for the idea. Wouldn't have thought of that!

Monday will be SEVEN days before we sail. We leave for Florida a week from Saturday. :o:o:o

918 - or should we call you Dear? Just kidding!

Just wanted to say that I think it's a GOOD thing that the Lead TA called you tonight. I'm sure that they don't have training on what to say and to be honest - we don't know what they have found - I really don't expect them to tell you.

I think that you are doing great being level headed. If you talk to the TA again and they say that they are looking into it - kindly request that it's your understanding that everyone agrees that you have been overcharged so you don't think they need to keep YOU waiting while they get to the bottom of what happened. They should just get you paid back without any further waiting.

I really think that as much as you WANT to know what happened - you also really don't want to know. You just want your money back and to move on.

You're right. I really don't want to know. I'll pursue it to the end of the world and that's probably not emotionally healthy ;p:') they've driven me INSANE.

I'm trying SO hard to remain level on all of these phone calls. They just make it so friggen hard. I swear I'm very reasonable. I just want my money back :(

I have been following this thread for days, I give you much credit 918, I would have blown up after the first set of phone calls. I hope you not only get your money back but also some restitution. :mad:

Restitution would be appreciated but I'm just doubtful I'll even see my money after being laughed at today. :o Still in shock. What company does that?

Simply unbelievable. Once this is all cleared up, you need to go scorched earth on all of them. This has been handled wrong by everybody involved with the exception of Elliott.

Elliot has been a GODSEND. Everyone else.... well.. I'll be getting my blowtorch ready. I'll have a couple of hours of internet time on the ship after boarding and before departure :evilsmile::cool:

918, you have been a lot more patient with this nonsense than I would have been! I tried this approach before with great results: tell RCI that as you are beginning to suspect fraud that you will contact their internal audit department to report this situation as a suspected fraud if this is not resolved to your satisfaction by close of business on Monday. Yes, I know we all think this is your MIA travel agent, but it could be a rotten RCI employee.). I had to do this one time with United regarding double charging me for airline tickets and giving me the royal runaround when I tried to get it resolved. You would be surprised how quickly such situations are resolved when you threaten to sic the auditors on them. I am an internal auditor, and I can tell you that management and the operations people hate it when internal audit starts nosing around asking questions, especially when the "f" word is mentioned.

Hopefully it won't come to that and they'll get back to you tomorrow with good news.